NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PG||FROM: Baylor||HT: 6-3||WT: 195|
|BORN: 8/25/00||YEAR: Jr.||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
The 6-3 combo guard can play on or off the ball and is a well-grounded player, contributing in all aspects of the game. He can create offense with the ball in his hands (although he’s not a pure point guard) and he can play on the wing or sit in the corner spacing the floor.
He’s got a strong upper body and should be NBA ready from day 1, both from a physical standpoint and the maturity in his game. He’s a good decision maker and plays to a team first game and plays to win.
Butler has gotten more and more consistent and efficient over the years and he’s hitting nearly 49% from the field and 43% from 3 this season. His assist numbers are up (4.8) and his scoring is up to 17ppg.
Butler scores from all 3 levels. He can hit the 3 ball off the catch and shoot or off the dribble and he’s got a nice mid range game. His strength helps him finish through contact and he’s a creative finisher (although not a real high flyer).
He’s a good FT shooter at just under 80% but it would be nice to see him bump that up a little.
And he needs to cut down on the turnovers (3 per game).
- George Hill+
mid first round pick in the 2021 NBA Draft
2021 Point Guards
- Cade Cunningham – 6-8 – Oklahoma St.
- Jalen Suggs – 6-4 – Gonzaga
- Davion Mitchell – 6-2 – Baylor
- Josh Giddey – 6-8 – Australia
- Jared Butler – 6-3 – Baylor
- Daishon Nix – 6-4 – G League
- Ayo Dosunmu – 6-5 – Illinois
- Joel Ayayi – 6-5 – Gonzaga
- Sharife Cooper 6-0 – Auburn
- Tre Mann – 6-5 – Florida
- Miles McBride – 6-2 – West Virginia
- Nah’Shon Hyland – 6-3 – VCU
- Rokas Jokubaitis – 6-4 – Lithuania
- David Johnson – 6-5 – Louisville
- Jason Preston – 6-4 – Ohio
- Carlos Alocen – 6-4 – Spain
- Javonte Smart – 6-4 – LSU