NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PG||FROM: Nebraska|
|HT: 6-9||WT: 204|
|BORN: 11/07/99||YEAR: So.||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Dalano Banton is a big slippery 6-9 guard who has great handles and really knows how to change pace and use his long strides to penetrate into the lane. He’s got the type of size/skill combo that doesn’t come around often and is firmly on the NBA draft radar. Like most young players he has some holes in his game but his upside is very intriguing.
Banton has a surprisingly quick first step and can really get to the rim, where his size and length really pay off. He’s not an elite run/jump athlete but he’s got good burst and stop start ability. He’s a very crafty scorer around the rim and can finish with either hand.
His outside shooting and his free throw shooting are really poor and this will be the most important area of improvement for him as he works on his game over the coming years.
Banton knows his strengths and puts a lot of pressure on the defense as he looks to get down hill to the basket. He scores well off of floaters and runners in the lane and has the workings of nice mid range game.
Banton has a lot of tools that NBA teams look for including good passing skills, rebounding instincts, defensive versatility and a good transition game. He might not be a star at the next level but he’ll be a glue guy who can do a bit of everything.
mid second round pick in the 2021 NBA Draft
2022 PG Rankings
- Dyson Daniels – 6-7 – G League Ignite (Australia)
- TyTy Washington – 6-3 – Kentucky
- Dalen Terry – 6-7 – Arizona
- Andrew Nembhard – 6-4 – Gonzaga
- Kennedy Chandler 6-1 – Tennessee
- Iverson Molinar – 6-3 – Miss. State (Panama)
- Hugo Besson – 6-3 – NZ Breakers (France)
- J.D. Davison – 6-2 – Alabama
- Jamaree Bouyea – 6-2 – San Francisco
- Jean Montero – 6-3 – Dominican Republic
- Scotty Pippen Jr. – 6-1 – Vanderbilt
- Carlos Alocen – 6-4 – Spain
Full 2022 Big Board (Patreon)