NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PG||FROM: San Diego St.||HT: 6-2||WT: 175|
|BORN: 5/10/98||YEAR: Jr.||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Malachi Flynn is hard-nosed gamer who brings it on both ends of the floor. His feisty play and efficient style will get him a long look from NBA scouts and he’s a likely second round pick in the 2020 NBA draft.
He’s a bit undersized, listed at 6-2 but perhaps a bit smaller than that, but he makes up for it with his toughness, aggressive defense and great basketball I.Q. He doesn’t appear to have great length either and could be over-matched by some NBA lead guards.
Malachi is a really good on the ball defender who can pick the pocket of the ball handler. And he’s a really good team defender, showing great awareness and a natural feel for when to give help defense and reading passing lanes well.
On offense he’s a good pick and roll ball handler and decision maker who can keep the defense honest with his outside shooting. He’s got a nice pull up from mid range and takes smarts shots.
- Jarrett Jack (but not as strong)
late first to mid second round pick in the 2020 NBA Draft
2020 Point Guards
- LaMelo Ball – 6-7 – USA
- Tyrese Haliburton – 6-5 – Iowa State
- Killian Hayes – 6-5 – France
- Kira Lewis – 6-3 – Alabama
- Tyrell Terry – 6-1 – Stanford
- Cole Anthony – 6-2 – UNC
- Grant Riller – 6-3 – Charleston
- Theo Maledon – 6-5 – France
- Nico Mannion – 6-2 – Arizona
- Abdoulaye N-Doye – 6-7 – France
- Ashton Hagans – 6-3 – Kentucky
- Devon Dotson – 6-2 – Kansas
- Ty-Shon Alexander – 6-4 – Creighton
- Malachi Flynn – 6-2 – San Diego St.
- Payton Pritchard – 6-2 – Oregon
- Cassius Winston – 6-1 – Michigan State
- Tre Jones – 6-1 – Duke
- Markus Howard – 5-11 – Marquette