NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PG||FROM: France||HT: 6-7||WT: 200|
|BORN: 3/9/98||YEAR: 98||WING: 7-2||REACH: NA|
N-Doye is a big point guard from France (Cholet) who has great upside as a defender, while showing good improvements on the offensive end. He is an older prospect, born in 1998, but his skills are still somewhat unpolished and he seems to have a lot of growth ahead of him.
N-Doye’s massive 7-2 wingspan and overall great frame will be intriguing to NBA teams. He projects as a guy who can guard 1-3 at the NBA level and defense could be his ticket to playing time, especially early in his career.
On the offensive end of the court N-Doye is a good decision maker from the point guard position, who can run an offense, while not being too ball dominant. He can run the pick and roll and can also beat his man off the dribble in iso, using his slick ball handling and good burst to get into the lane. N-Doye is a solid overall passer who seems to think pass first but can also take it all the way to the rim.
He’s a solid outside shooter but didn’t take a ton of 3’s, so it remains to be seen if his shooting translates to the NBA level. He shoots mid 70’s from the FT line and certainly has some potential to be a good shooter at the next level.
late first to mid second round pick in the 2020 NBA Draft
2020 Point Guards
- LaMelo Ball – 6-7 – USA
- Tyrese Haliburton – 6-5 – Iowa State
- Killian Hayes – 6-5 – France
- Kira Lewis – 6-3 – Alabama
- Tyrell Terry – 6-1 – Stanford
- Cole Anthony – 6-2 – UNC
- Grant Riller – 6-3 – Charleston
- Theo Maledon – 6-5 – France
- Malachi Flynn – 6-2 – San Diego St.
- Devon Dotson – 6-2 – Kansas
- Ty-Shon Alexander – 6-4 – Creighton
- Nico Mannion – 6-2 – Arizona
- Payton Pritchard – 6-2 – Oregon
- Yam Madar – 6-3 – Israel
- Abdoulaye N-Doye – 6-7 – France
- Ashton Hagans – 6-3 – Kentucky
- Cassius Winston – 6-1 – Michigan State
- Tre Jones – 6-1 – Duke
- Markus Howard – 5-11 – Marquette