NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PG||FROM: Australia||HT: 6-8||WT: 205|
|BORN: 10/10/02||YEAR: 02||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Josh Giddey is a tall, lanky and talented point guard from Australia who is looking like a first round pick with lottery potential. He put on a show down-under, as a teenager playing against grown men (sound familiar?).
Giddey is a skilled ball handler who can drive to the hoop with either hand. He’s got great height for a point guard allowing him to pass over the defense and use his superior court vision to get easy shots for his teammates. He controls the pace of the game and never seems to be rushed or in a hurry.
His good height also allows him to score in the lane where he shows a nice array of runners and floaters with a nice soft touch.
Giddey is a decent outside shooter who shoots a set shot. He doesn’t have the quickest release and will have to speed up his shot to excel at the next level and get more consistent but at his young age and with good work ethic there’s every reason to believe he’ll improve his outside shot.
Giddey isn’t the quickest of athletes and isn’t much of an above the rim player at this point and there are some questions about how his defense will translate to the NBA level.
He’s got a long ways to go but has tantalizing tools and his production in the NBL can’t be overlooked.
- Shake Milton+
- taller Brent Barry
2021 Point Guard Rankings
- Cade Cunningham – 6-8 – Oklahoma St.
- Jalen Suggs – 6-4 – Gonzaga
- Davion Mitchell – 6-2 – Baylor
- Josh Giddey – 6-8 – Australia
- Jared Butler – 6-3 – Baylor
- Ayo Dosunmu – 6-5 – Illinois
- Joel Ayayi – 6-5 – Gonzaga
- Sharife Cooper 6-0 – Auburn
- Tre Mann – 6-5 – Florida
- Miles McBride – 6-2 – West Virginia
- Nah’Shon Hyland – 6-3 – VCU
- Daishon Nix – 6-4 – G League
- Rokas Jokubaitis – 6-4 – Lithuania
- Max Abmas – 6-1 – Oral Roberts
- David Johnson – 6-5 – Louisville
- Jason Preston – 6-4 – Ohio
- Carlos Alocen – 6-4 – Spain
- D.J. Carton – 6-1 – Marquette
- Javonte Smart – 6-4 – LSU
- Mac McClung – 6-2 – Texas Tech