NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PG||FROM: Australia||HT: 6-8||WT: 205|
|BORN: 10/10/02||YEAR: 02||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Josh Giddey is a tall, lanky and talented point guard from Australia who is getting a lot of buzz as a potential first round pick in 2021.
Giddey is a skilled ball handler who can drive to the hoop with either hand. He’s got great height for a point guard allowing him to pass over the defense and use his superior court vision to get easy shots for his teammates. He controls the pace of the game and never seems to be rushed or in a hurry.
His good height also allows him to score in the lane where he shows a nice array of runners and floaters with a nice soft touch.
Giddey is good outside shooter who shoots a set shot with good accuracy. He doesn’t have the quickest release and will have to speed up his shot to excel at the next level.
Giddey isn’t the quickest of athletes and isn’t much of an above the rim player at this point and there are some questions about how his defense will translate to the NBA level.
- Shake Milton
2021 Point Guard Rankings
- Cade Cunningham – 6-7 – Oklahoma State
- Jalen Suggs – 6-4 – Gonzaga
- Ayo Dosunmu – 6-5 – Illinois
- Daishon Nix – 6-4 – G League
- Jared Butler – 6-3 – Baylor
- David Johnson – 6-5 – Louisville
- Davion Mitchell – 6-2 – Baylor
- Sharife Cooper 6-0 – Auburn
- Nah’Shon Hyland – 6-3 – VCU
- Josh Giddey – 6-8 – Australia
- Tre Mann – 6-4 – Florida
- Miles McBride – 6-2 – West Virginia
- Jason Preston – 6-4 – Ohio
- Rokas Jokubaitis – 6-4 – Lithuania
- Carlos Alocen – 6-4 – Spain
- Joel Ayayi – 6-5 – Gonzaga
- Javonte Smart – 6-4 – LSU