NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PF||FROM: Duke|
|HT: 6-10||WT: 250|
|BORN: 11/12/02||YEAR: Fr.||WING: 6-10||REACH: NA|
Paolo fits the mold of a modern day 4-man with his advanced skill level, offensive versatility and ability to handle the ball and make plays. He’s a physical force but is also nimble and fast and plays more of a combo forward or scoring forward role.
Paolo has excellent handles and creativity with the ball and can get his shot at will or make slick passes out, after collapsing the defense. His ability to pass the ball could become one of his primary weapons at the next level and it’s easy to imagine him averaging 5 or 6 assists per game in the NBA (he averages 3.2 at Duke).
Scores from 3 levels and has a nice mid range game and smooth pull-up J with a nice release. Likes to operate in the mid-post but can also initiate the offense from up top. He’s a capable 3pt shooter and will continue to develop in this area. He hit about 32% from downtown at Duke on decent volume, while having a few hot shooting nights and a bunch of off nights.
Paolo has lots of natural strength and a low center of gravity. He can play bully-ball and power his way to the rim, taking the defender for a ride and finishing through contact. His lack of length can be troublesome when trying to score over length and it also holds him back on the defensive end.
He can play above the rim but isn’t an amazing run/jump athlete at this point. Jumps and dunks with a lot of power but doesn’t have great hang time.
Paolo doesn’t project as an elite defender and could even be a minus on the defensive end. He doesn’t offer much rim protection and can get scored over. There are times when he needs to be more engaged and aware on D.
Overall Paolo is a Tier 2 level prospect who could become a primary star or a great second star on a NBA team.
- bigger David West
- Carlos Boozer +
- with a little Blake Griffin
- Chris Webber
top 6 pick in the 2022 NBA Draft
2022 Power Forwards
- Jabari Smith – 6-10 – Auburn
- Paolo Banchero – 6-9 – Duke
- Keegan Murray – 6-8 – Iowa
- Jeremy Sochan – 6-9 – Baylor (England)
- Nikola Jovic – 6-10 – Serbia
- Jake LaRavia – 6-8 – Wake Forest
- E.J. Liddell – 6-7 – Ohio State
- Dominick Barlow – 6-9 – Overtime Elite
- John Butler – 7-1 – Florida State
- Moussa Diabate – 6-10 – Michigan (France)
- Michael Foster – 6-8 – G League Ignite
- Karlo Matkovic – 6-11 – Bosnia
- Patrick Baldwin Jr. – 6-10 – Wisconsin Milwaukee
- David Roddy – 6-5 – Colorado State
- Brady Manek – 6-9 – North Carolina
- Isaiah Mobley – 6-10 – USC
- Babacar Sane – 6-8 – Senegal
- Makur Maker – 7-0 – Australia