NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PF||FROM: Baylor|
|HT: 6-9||WT: 230|
|BORN: NA||YEAR: Fr.||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Jeremy Sochan is a smooth, multi-talented combo forward who is emerging as a high first round draft pick in 2022, with top 10 potential.
Sochan can do it all on the court. He can defend the post and out in space and puts in a lot of effort on the defensive end. And he’s multi-talented on the offensive end too, able to shoot it from mid range and out to 3 and also drive the ball with either hand. He’s got sneaky quickness and burst with the ball and great touch on his moves to the rim.
He shoots it from outside with excellent form, although he’s not yet consistent from downtown, hitting in the low 30%’s from 3pt.
The numbers don’t jump out at you but Sochan has a modern skill-set and big time ability and is really coming on strong.
On the defensive end is where Sochan really shines. He’s super versatile and can guard up and down the lineup. He’s great at switching on the perimeter and has the foot-speed and footwork to hang with guards in space.
If he can add a consistent 3pt shot the sky’s the limit.
- Chuma Okeke+++
7-14 pick in the 2022 NBA Draft
2022 PF Rankings
- Jabari Smith – 6-10 – Auburn
- Paolo Banchero – 6-9 – Duke
- Keegan Murray – 6-8 – Iowa
- Jeremy Sochan – 6-9 – Baylor (England)
- Nikola Jovic – 6-10 – Serbia
- Jake LaRavia – 6-8 – Wake Forest
- E.J. Liddell – 6-7 – Ohio State
- Dominick Barlow – 6-9 – Overtime Elite
- John Butler – 7-1 – Florida State
- Moussa Diabate – 6-10 – Michigan (France)
- Michael Foster – 6-8 – G League Ignite
- Karlo Matkovic – 6-11 – Bosnia
- Patrick Baldwin Jr. – 6-10 – Wisconsin Milwaukee
- David Roddy – 6-5 – Colorado State
- Brady Manek – 6-9 – North Carolina
- Isaiah Mobley – 6-10 – USC
- Babacar Sane – 6-8 – Senegal
- Makur Maker – 7-0 – Australia