NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PF||FROM: USC||HT: 6-9 3/4||WT: 238|
|BORN: 9/24/00||YEAR: Jr.||WING: 7-3||REACH: 8-11 1/2|
Isaiah is not as elite as his brother Evan Mobley but he’s still on the NBA draft radar and has all the tools to be a solid pro.
He’s a nimble 6-10 forward who can do a little bit of everything on the court. He’s a fluid and shows great body control and agility in a big lanky frame. Although he’s not the most explosive vertical leaper he does have some quick twitch and burst.
Mobley can score in the paint, although this won’t be his primary role at the next level. He’s got a face up game and can hit shots off the dribble, hit the turnaround jumper and can pull up from 18 feet and beyond. Perfecting the corner 3 and becoming and overall great 3pt shooter will be his keys to success at the next level.
He’s a natural offensive talent who makes it look easy and looks comfortable with the ball in his hands.
Isaiah has a decent frame but lacks strength and gets moved around too easily. He’s not an intimidator in the paint or a standout defender. He needs to get a lot stronger for the next level.
- Jared Jefferies
- poor man’s Drew Gooden
possible second round pick in the 2022 NBA Draft
2022 Power Forwards
- Jabari Smith – 6-10 – Auburn
- Paolo Banchero – 6-9 – Duke
- Keegan Murray – 6-8 – Iowa
- Jeremy Sochan – 6-9 – Baylor (England)
- Nikola Jovic – 6-10 – Serbia
- Jake LaRavia – 6-8 – Wake Forest
- E.J. Liddell – 6-7 – Ohio State
- Dominick Barlow – 6-9 – Overtime Elite
- John Butler – 7-1 – Florida State
- Moussa Diabate – 6-10 – Michigan (France)
- Michael Foster – 6-8 – G League Ignite
- Karlo Matkovic – 6-11 – Bosnia
- Patrick Baldwin Jr. – 6-10 – Wisconsin Milwaukee
- David Roddy – 6-5 – Colorado State
- Brady Manek – 6-9 – North Carolina
- Isaiah Mobley – 6-10 – USC
- Babacar Sane – 6-8 – Senegal
- Makur Maker – 7-0 – Australia