NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PF||FROM: Iowa||HT: 6-8||WT: 225|
|BORN: NA||YEAR: So.||WING: 6-11||REACH: NA|
Keegan Murray is a very efficient player who projects as a high end role player, floor spacer and do-everything forward at the next level. He doesn’t need the ball in his hands much to be effective and he makes the most of his shots, hitting a very high percentage from the floor, from the FT line and from 3.
He’s having a breakout sophomore season for the Hawkeyes, after a very good freshman campaign, becoming a star in the Big 10.
Murray is a versatile defender who shows a lot of smarts and awareness on that end of the floor. He plays with great positioning and solid fundamentals and has enough mobility to step out and guard in space. He’s also a committed rebounder who works hard on the glass. He’s not a great rim protector but that won’t be his role at the next level.
Murray is a smooth athlete for a 6-8+ player with easy movement skills. He’s got plenty of length, with a reported 6-11 wingspan and has all the size and physical tools to be a big time NBA player.
- Obi Toppin
- taller Otto Porter
- Pascal Siakam
5-12 pick in the 2022 NBA Draft
2022 PF Rankings
- Jabari Smith – 6-10 – Auburn
- Paolo Banchero – 6-9 – Duke
- Keegan Murray – 6-8 – Iowa
- Jeremy Sochan – 6-9 – Baylor (England)
- Nikola Jovic – 6-10 – Serbia
- Jake LaRavia – 6-8 – Wake Forest
- E.J. Liddell – 6-7 – Ohio State
- Dominick Barlow – 6-9 – Overtime Elite
- John Butler – 7-1 – Florida State
- Moussa Diabate – 6-10 – Michigan (France)
- Michael Foster – 6-8 – G League Ignite
- Karlo Matkovic – 6-11 – Bosnia
- Patrick Baldwin Jr. – 6-10 – Wisconsin Milwaukee
- David Roddy – 6-5 – Colorado State
- Brady Manek – 6-9 – North Carolina
- Isaiah Mobley – 6-10 – USC
- Babacar Sane – 6-8 – Senegal
- Makur Maker – 7-0 – Australia