NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PF||FROM: Auburn|
|HT: 6-10||WT: 220|
|BORN: 5/13/03||YEAR: Fr.||WING: 7-0||REACH: NA|
Jabari is an ultra-talented power forward who is one of the most elite 3pt shooters at any size that I’ve ever scouted. His release is picture perfect and he’s so, so smooth pulling up from deep. He’s a lethal catch and shoot player who will have some insane shooting nights in the NBA.
He’s got solid athleticism and size with plenty of room on his frame to add more weight. He’s not a freaky long player but has plenty of length to go along with good vertical pop. Has no problem battling above the rim.
He’s got a nice shooting touch from mid range and can face up and drive the ball on occasion but mostly settles for the jumper. His dribble drive game is a bit lacking right now but it’s easy to imagine him adding that to his game over the coming years.
He’s a good rebounder who seems to know where the ball is going. His rebounding numbers (7 per game) and blocks (1) don’t jump out at you but playing alongside Walker Kessler certainly limited some of those opportunities.
Jabari is a really good athlete who moves well for his size. He isn’t the fastest quick-twitch athlete but has more than enough burst to stay in front of wings and he can guard multiple positions.
Jabari has been number 1 on my board for a long time and will likely stay at 1 or 2 heading into the draft.
- A better version of Rashard Lewis mixed with some Kevin Garnett.
- A more perimeter oriented Jaren Jackson Jr.
top 4 pick in the 2022 NBA Draft
2022 Power Forwards
- Jabari Smith – 6-10 – Auburn
- Paolo Banchero – 6-9 – Duke
- Keegan Murray – 6-8 – Iowa
- Jeremy Sochan – 6-9 – Baylor (England)
- Nikola Jovic – 6-10 – Serbia
- Jake LaRavia – 6-8 – Wake Forest
- E.J. Liddell – 6-7 – Ohio State
- Dominick Barlow – 6-9 – Overtime Elite
- John Butler – 7-1 – Florida State
- Moussa Diabate – 6-10 – Michigan (France)
- Michael Foster – 6-8 – G League Ignite
- Karlo Matkovic – 6-11 – Bosnia
- Patrick Baldwin Jr. – 6-10 – Wisconsin Milwaukee
- David Roddy – 6-5 – Colorado State
- Brady Manek – 6-9 – North Carolina
- Isaiah Mobley – 6-10 – USC
- Babacar Sane – 6-8 – Senegal
- Makur Maker – 7-0 – Australia