NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PF||FROM: Ohio State||HT: 6-7||WT: 247|
|BORN: 12/18/00||YEAR: Jr.||WING: 6-11 3/4||REACH: NA|
E.J. Liddell is a bulky and powerful forward who is a load to handle in the paint and also is a threat to score from the perimeter. At 247lbs he’s got the size and power to hold is own in the lane, even against taller opponents and he fits the mold of a modern-day 4.
At just 6-7 he’s averaging over 2.5 blocks per game. He’s very springy and bouncy and gets off his feet quickly. Liddell does a great job of going vertical without fouling. He should be a productive shot blocker at the next level, despite being a bit undersized.
He’ also a versatile defender and solid rebounder who does a bit of everything on the court.
His much improved 3pt shot (38%) adds a lot to his value at the next level.
Liddell has improved every season at Ohio State and is moving up draft boards, with a good chance to be drafted mid first. He’s one of the more NBA ready players in the draft, bringing experience, work ethic and leadership, along with his ball skills.
mid to late first round pick in the 2022 NBA Draft
2022 PF Rankings
- Jabari Smith – 6-10 – Auburn
- Paolo Banchero – 6-9 – Duke
- Keegan Murray – 6-8 – Iowa
- Jeremy Sochan – 6-9 – Baylor (England)
- Nikola Jovic – 6-10 – Serbia
- Jake LaRavia – 6-8 – Wake Forest
- E.J. Liddell – 6-7 – Ohio State
- Dominick Barlow – 6-9 – Overtime Elite
- John Butler – 7-1 – Florida State
- Moussa Diabate – 6-10 – Michigan (France)
- Michael Foster – 6-8 – G League Ignite
- Karlo Matkovic – 6-11 – Bosnia
- Patrick Baldwin Jr. – 6-10 – Wisconsin Milwaukee
- David Roddy – 6-5 – Colorado State
- Brady Manek – 6-9 – North Carolina
- Isaiah Mobley – 6-10 – USC
- Babacar Sane – 6-8 – Senegal
- Makur Maker – 7-0 – Australia