NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: C||FROM: DR Congo||HT: 6-11||WT: NA|
|BORN: 11/15/03||YEAR: 03||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Yannick Nzosa is an elite level NBA draft prospect who projects as a possible lottery pick in 2022. The center from the DR Congo is super mobile, quick and coordinated athlete who is bursting with potential.
At 6-11 with good length he’s got the size to defend in the paint and has great instincts and timing as a shot blocker. His quickness off his feet is really special and is overall athleticism shows up in plays around the rim (or above the rim) and in his ability to defend guards on the perimeter. He projects as an ultra-switchable big at the next level.
He can be a bit wild on defense and needs to avoid unnecessary fouls and play with better discipline. His game is young and sometimes it shows.
Nzosa is a decent passer out of the post and from the top of the key. He’s not yet a very good ball handler but he shows some promising traits, has good hands and plays with his head up. He can face up and drive the ball but is very limited to his left hand right now.
Has the beginnings of a nice mid range jump shot and is likely to develop into a good shooter over time.
He needs to develop his strength and grow into his body. He can be a bit clumsy and his coordination is still developing.
His mid range game and outside shot are very much a work in progress. And he needs to develop his right hand.
- a far more advanced Clint Capela
lottery pick in the 2022 NBA Draft
- Chet Holmgren – 7-0 – Gonzaga
- Yannick Nzosa – 6-11 – DR Congo
- Hunter Dickenson – 7-1 – Michigan
- Walker Kessler – 6-11 – Auburn
- Franck Kepnang – 6-11- Oregon (Cameroon)
- Mark Williams – 7-0 – Duke
- Jonathan Tchamwa.T… – 6-8 – Baylor (Cameroon)
- Mady Sissoko – 6-10 – Michigan State (Mali)
- David McCormack – 6-10 – Kansas
- Armando Bacot – 6-9 – UNC
- Nfaly Dante – 7-0 – Oregon (Mali)
- Oscar Tshiebwe – 6-9 – Kentucky (Congo)
- Santi Aldama – 6-11 – Loyola (MD) (Spain)
- Kai Sotto – 7-2 – Philippines
- Clifford Omoruyi – 6-11 – Rutgers (Nigeria)
- Chol Marial – 7-2 – Maryland (South Sudan)