NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: C||FROM: DR Congo||HT: 6-11||WT: NA|
|BORN: 11/15/03||YEAR: 03||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Yannick Nzosa is an elite level NBA draft prospect who projects as a possible lottery pick in 2022. The center from the DR Congo is super mobile, quick and coordinated athlete who is bursting with potential.
At 6-11 with good length he’s got the size to defend in the paint and has great instincts and timing as a shot blocker. He does a great job of staying vertical and blocking shots without fouling. His quickness off his feet is really special and is overall athleticism shows up in plays around the rim (or above the rim) and in his ability to defend guards on the perimeter. He projects as an ultra-switchable big at the next level.
Can make good passes out of the post or from the top of the key. He’s not yet a very good ball handler but he shows some promising traits, has good hands and plays with his head up. He can face up and drive the ball but is very limited to his left hand right now.
Has the beginnings of a nice mid range jump shot and is likely to develop into a good shooter over time.
Needs to develop his strength, jumper/mid range game and right hand scoring.
- a far more advanced Clint Capela
lottery pick in the 2022 NBA Draft
- Victor Wembanyama – 7-2 – France
- Chet Holmgren – 7-0 – Minneapolis, MN
- Yannick Nzosa – 6-11 – DR Congo
- Jalen Duren – 6-10 – Philadelphia, PA
- Day’Ron Sharpe – 6-9 – UNC
- Mark Williams – 7-0 – Duke
- Hunter Dickenson – 7-1 – Michigan
- Moussa Cisse – 6-11 – Memphis (Guinea)
- Mady Sissoko – 6-10 – Michigan State (Mali)
- Walker Kessler – 6-11 – UNC
- Bretner Mutombo – 6-9 – Congo
- Clifford Omoruyi – 6-11 – Rutgers (Nigeria)
- Oumar Ballo – 6-10 – Gonzaga (Mali)
- Balsa Koprivica – 7-1 – Florida State
- Will Baker – 7-0 – NA
- Jerrell Colbert – 6-10 – LSU
- Oscar Tshiebwe – 6-9 – West Virginia
- Chol Marial – 7-2 – Maryland (South Sudan)