NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: C||FROM: Illinois||HT: 7-0||WT: 302|
|BORN: NA||YEAR: Jr.||WING: 7-6||REACH: NA|
Kofi is a massive center with the brute force of an offensive lineman. He’s playing at an elite level in his second season and is looking more and more like a first round pick.
Kofi is an old school big man who acts as an enforcer inside. He establishes position well and throws his weight around in the paint. He’s a limited offensive player in terms of his ability to stretch out and hit the 3 but he’s a productive and effective post player who does a great job of taking it hard to the rim. His presence on the court can not be missed.
He’s got good feet for his size but doesn’t project as a very switchable big and will struggle to contain wings and guards at the next level. His interior defense is a big part of his appeal and his rebounding will certainly translate well.
Kofi has done a great job of working on his body over the past few years, looking much more slim, quicker and more explosive. If he can take his athleticism up one more notch, watch out!
Overall he’s not the most natural fit in today’s NBA but he’s such a powerful presence on the floor that he’ll find a way to make his mark. Look for him to rise up draft boards.
- Kevin Duckworth+
- a wider Steven Adams
late first to mid second round pick in the 2022 NBA Draft
2022 Center Rankings
- Chet Holmgren – 7-0 – Gonzaga
- Yannick Nzosa – 6-11 – DR Congo
- Walker Kessler – 6-11 – Auburn
- Ibou Dianko Badji – 7-1 – Senegal
- Hunter Dickenson – 7-1 – Michigan
- Tristan Vukcevic – 6-10 – Serbia
- Franck Kepnang – 6-11- Oregon (Cameroon)
- Mark Williams – 7-0 – Duke
- Kofi Cockburn – 7-0 – Illinois (Jamaica)
- Jonathan Tchamwa.T… – 6-8 – Baylor (Cameroon)
- Khalifa Diop – 6-11 – Senegal
- David McCormack – 6-10 – Kansas
- Armando Bacot – 6-9 – UNC
- Ariel Hukporti – 6-11 – Germany
- Nfaly Dante – 7-0 – Oregon (Mali)
- Oscar Tshiebwe – 6-9 – Kentucky (Congo)
- Kai Sotto – 7-2 – Philippines
- Clifford Omoruyi – 6-11 – Rutgers (Nigeria)
- Chol Marial – 7-2 – Maryland (South Sudan)