NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: C||FROM: Illinois||HT: 7-0||WT: 302|
|BORN: NA||YEAR: So.||WING: 7-6||REACH: NA|
A massive center with the brute force of an offensive lineman. Kofi made a good decision to return to Illinois for his sophomore season and will look to solidfy his status as a draft pick in 2021.
He’s got an old school type of game and isn’t a great fit in today’s NBA but he’s a unique player due to his size and strength and beginning to dominate the college level.
Kofi uses his sheer size and force to clear space in the lane, allowing him to score with ease around the basket and dominate on the glass.
He’s a limited offensive player with no ability to stretch the floor and a liability at the foul line.
He’s got good feet for his size but doesn’t project as a very switchable big and will struggle to contain wings and guards.
- Kevin Duckworth
- a wider Steven Adams
2021 Center Rankings
- Evan Mobley – 7-0 – USC
- Ibou Dianko Badji – 7-1 – Senegal
- Sandro Mamukelashvili – 6-11 – Seton Hall (Georgia)
- Charles Bassey – 6-10 – Western Kentucky (Nigeria)
- Ariel Hukporti – 6-11 – Germany
- Luka Garza – 6-11 – Iowa
- Kofi Cockburn – 7-0 – Illinois
- Armando Bacot – 6-9 – UNC
- Kai Sotto – 7-2 – G League (Philippines)
- Conner Vanover – 7-3 – Arkansas
- Filip Petrusev – 6-11 – Gonzaga (Serbia)
- Alperen Sengün – 6-9 – Turkey
- Khalifa Diop – 6-11 – Senegal
- Nfaly Dante – 7-0 – Oregon (Mali)
- Neemias Queta – 6-11 – Utah St (Portugal)
- Ikey Obiagu – 7-1 – Seton Hall