NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: C||FROM: Louisiana Tech||HT: 6-7||WT: 275|
|BORN: 8/14/02||YEAR: So.||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Lofton Jr. is a bull on the low block who uses his frame to carve out space and punish defenders. He’s got a soft touch with either hand and a knack for getting his shot off in traffic.
An aggressive rebounder who loves to seek out contact, Lofton Jr. is a tone setter in the paint who can impose his will on the game.
At 6-7 and 275lbs he’s a low center of gravity player who will have some adjustments to make playing against NBA size. He’s not the most agile player and guarding NBA forwards and centers could prove challenging. He does have quick hands and a good feel for picking the ball clean.
After a dominate performance at the FIBA U19 World Cup he’s rising up draft boards and gaining traction as a NBA prospect.
late first to mid second round pick in the 2022 NBA Draft or 2023 NBA Draft
2023 Center Rankings
- Victor Wembanyama – 7-4 – France
- Dereck Lively – 7-0 – Duke
- James Nnaji – 6-10 – Barcelona (Nigeria)
- Tristan Vukcevic – 6-10 – Serbia
- Clifford Omoruyi – 6-11 – Rutgers (Nigeria)
- Zvonimir Ivisic – 7-3 – Croatia
- Oscar Tshiebwe – 6-9 – Kentucky (Congo)
- Jamarion Sharp – 7-5 – W. Kentucky
- Charles Bediako – 6-11 – Alabama (Canada)