NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PF C||FROM: Gonzaga|
|HT: 6-11 1/2||WT: 195|
|BORN: 5/1/02||YEAR: Fr.||WING: 7-6||REACH: NA|
Chet is a unique prospect who is a rare unicorn who can do everything on the court.
At 7 feet tall with exceptional length he’s an agile, skinny and lanky center who dominates in the paint, is a force as a shot blocker and plays like a small forward on offense. He’s a lethal 3pt shooter with great accuracy and a nearly un-guardable shot. Put it all together and he’s one of the most intriguing players in the draft who has a real shot to go no.1 overall.
Chet is very skinny but his quickness, coordination and agility are outstanding and he’s got great anticipation and reaction speed. His length and quick hands make him a really great shot blocker, even if he can get bullied in the post and moved out of the way.
He doesn’t have a frame that will add weight easily and he’ll always be a skinny big. Despite his lack of strength/weight he controls the paint on the defensive end and is a legit rim protector (maybe the best in the nation).
On the offensive side Chet shows incredible talent as a face-up scorer. He can shoot the ball from deep and also has incredible handles for a player his size and a great dribble-drive game. He’s not a powerful post player or back to the basket scorer but he’s got elite scoring ability on the wing.
Chet has an easy, effortless stroke and can also shoot off the dribble and has a beautiful pull-up 3pt shot.
His 3pt shooting ability is a natural fit for today’s NBA and could be one of his primary ways of scoring the ball at the next level. In many ways Chet is like a 7-foot small forward who also happens to be a great shot blocker. His skill-set is perimeter oriented and will likely be even more so once he gets to the NBA level.
Chet is an elite level prospect who seems like a lock to get drafted in the top 3.
- Dirk on offense
- Marcus Camby on defense
- = a really good player!
top 3 pick in the 2022 NBA Draft
- Chet Holmgren – 7-0 – Gonzaga
- Jalen Duren – 6-10 – Memphis
- Mark Williams – 7-0 – Duke
- Christian Koloko – 7-1 – Arizona (Cameroon)
- Walker Kessler – 6-11 – Auburn
- Kenneth Lofton Jr. – 6-7 – LA Tech
- Ismael Kamagate – 6-11 – France
- Jaylin Williams – 6-10 – Arkansas
- Khalifa Diop – 6-11 – Senegal
- Ibou Dianko Badji – 7-1 – Senegal
- Kofi Cockburn – 7-0 – Illinois (Jamaica)
- Orlando Robinson – 7-0 – Fresno State
- Trevion Williams – 6-10 – Purdue
- Yannick Nzosa – 6-11 – DR Congo
- Kai Sotto – 7-2 – Philippines
- David McCormack – 6-10 – Kansas