NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
Chet is a very unique prospect. At nearly 7 feet tall with exceptional length he’s an agile, skinny and lanky center who dominates lower levels of play and is an absolute force as a shot blocker. His quickness and agility are outstanding and he’s got great anticipation and reaction as a shot-blocker and is very quick off his feet. But he’s painfully skinny and doesn’t have a frame that’ll add weight easily. Despite his lack of strength/weight he controls the paint on the defense end and is a legit rim protector.
On the offensive side Chet shows stretch ability and a lot of talent as a face-up scorer. He can shoot the ball from deep and has good handles and nimble feet, allowing him to get to the basket with ease. He’s got an easy, effortless stroke with 3pt accuracy and can also shoot off the dribble, which is really outstanding for a young 7-footer.
His 3pt shooting ability is a natural fit for today’s NBA and could be one of his primary ways of scoring the ball at the next level.
Chet is easily one of the top prospects in his class and projects as a likely lottery pick in 2022 with top 5 potential.
- poor man’s Dirk
- Bargnani on offense
- Marcus Camby on defense
top 5 pick in the 2022 NBA Draft
- Chet Holmgren – 7-0 – Minneapolis, MN
- Yannick Nzosa – 6-11 – DR Congo
- Hunter Dickenson – 7-1 – Michigan
- Walker Kessler – 6-11 – UNC
- Mark Williams – 7-0 – Duke
- Moussa Cisse – 6-11 – Memphis (Guinea)
- Mady Sissoko – 6-10 – Michigan State (Mali)
- David McCormack – 6-10 – Kansas
- Clifford Omoruyi – 6-11 – Rutgers (Nigeria)
- Balsa Koprivica – 7-1 – Florida State
- Oscar Tshiebwe – 6-9 – Kentucky
- Chol Marial – 7-2 – Maryland (South Sudan)