NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: C||FROM: Arizona|
|HT: 7-0||WT: 221|
|BORN: NA||YEAR: NA||WING: 7-5 1/4||REACH: NA|
Koloko has been a great developmental story during his time at Arizona. He came to campus very raw and looked nothing like the impressive NBA prospect that we see today Credit to the coaches and trainers and to Christian for the hard work.
He’s turned into one of the best shot blockers in the draft class – a true rim protector who can anchor a defense. His 7-5+ wingspan, strong frame and good athleticism give him all the tools to translate his defense to the next level.
On the offensive end Koloko is mostly a lob threat/rim-running big who won’t be asked to do too much with the ball in his hands. He does read plays well and can make passes out of the most and read double teams but he’s not a slick ball handler.
He shows flashes of a jumper but is not a consistent threat from mid range and out. He does have a decent stoke and hit over 73% from FT this past season as a junior, which bodes well for his develop as a jump shooter. I could see him hitting over 80% from the line and becoming a serviceable mid range shooter in a few years.
Koloko shows some post moves: a little turnaround jumper, jump hook and he’s also a threat on put-backs at the rim.
His main value is rebounding, defending at the rim and he can also guard out in space fairly well.
He also brings good intensity and intangibles and does all the little things that contribute to winning.
2022 Center Rankings
- Chet Holmgren – 7-0 – Gonzaga
- Jalen Duren – 6-10 – Memphis
- Mark Williams – 7-0 – Duke
- Christian Koloko – 7-1 – Arizona (Cameroon)
- Walker Kessler – 6-11 – Auburn
- Kenneth Lofton Jr. – 6-7 – LA Tech
- Ismael Kamagate – 6-11 – France
- Jaylin Williams – 6-10 – Arkansas
- Khalifa Diop – 6-11 – Senegal
- Ibou Dianko Badji – 7-1 – Senegal
- Kofi Cockburn – 7-0 – Illinois (Jamaica)
- Orlando Robinson – 7-0 – Fresno State
- Trevion Williams – 6-10 – Purdue
- Yannick Nzosa – 6-11 – DR Congo
- Kai Sotto – 7-2 – Philippines
- David McCormack – 6-10 – Kansas