NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: C||FROM: France||HT: 6-11||WT: 220|
|BORN: 01/17/01||YEAR: Int.01||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Kamagate is an athletic center with a clear NBA level frame who shows flashes of ability. He’s a rim-running and shot blocking big with great tools to work with.
Has a lot of bounce off the floor and elevates quickly. Can finish above the rim and over defenders.
Has the makings of a mid range jumper. Shoots kind of a knuckle-ball and doesn’t have a smooth release but can hit shots from mid range. Doesn’t project as a floor spacer.
Changes ends really well and makes himself available for lobs and gets in position for put-backs.
Is a strong defender who has upside as a defensive anchor/rim protector.
Will take some time to develop but could pay off in the long run for a team willing to be patient.
late first to mid second round pick in the 2022 NBA Draft
2022 Center Rankings
- Chet Holmgren – 7-0 – Gonzaga
- Jalen Duren – 6-10 – Memphis
- Mark Williams – 7-0 – Duke
- Christian Koloko – 7-1 – Arizona (Cameroon)
- Walker Kessler – 6-11 – Auburn
- Kenneth Lofton Jr. – 6-7 – LA Tech
- Ismael Kamagate – 6-11 – France
- Jaylin Williams – 6-10 – Arkansas
- Khalifa Diop – 6-11 – Senegal
- Ibou Dianko Badji – 7-1 – Senegal
- Kofi Cockburn – 7-0 – Illinois (Jamaica)
- Orlando Robinson – 7-0 – Fresno State
- Trevion Williams – 6-10 – Purdue
- Yannick Nzosa – 6-11 – DR Congo
- Kai Sotto – 7-2 – Philippines
- David McCormack – 6-10 – Kansas