NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PG||FROM: Kentucky||HT: 6-3||WT: 210|
|BORN: 7/26/02||YEAR: Fr.||WING: 6-5||REACH: NA|
An elite level point guard prospect who plays with total control, balance, great decision making and unselfishness.
Has a very sturdy frame, which he uses well on both ends of the floor. He’s got some PG post game (think Andre Miller and the like) and he’s accurate with his mid range floater and jumper.
Running the offense and orchestrating the flow of the game is where Devin Askew really sets himself apart. In some ways he reminds of Cade Cunningham with his ability to dictate what happens on the court, although a smaller version of Cade.
Askew also brings great intensity and plays like a warrior. He’s got great defensive awareness and plays with great effort.
You won’t find a harder worker in the country than Devin Askew.
- a high upside Andre Miller
2021 Point Guards
- Cade Cunningham – 6-7 – Oklahoma State
- Jalen Suggs – 6-4 – Gonzaga
- Devin Askew – 6-3 – Kentucky
- Adam Miller – 6-4 – Illinois
- Daishon Nix – 6-4 – G League
- Caleb Love – 6-3 – UNC
- Jeremy Roach – 6-2 – Duke
- Tre Mann – 6-4 – Florida
- Josiah James – 6-6 – Tennessee
- Javonte Smart – 6-4 – LSU
- Quade Green – 6-1 – Washington
- Boogie Ellis – 6-2 – Memphis