NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PG||FROM: G League Ignite|
|HT: 6-3||WT: 195|
|BORN: 2/3/04||YEAR: USA.04||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Scoot is an elite level point guard and one of the best lead guard prospects to come along in years. He’s far from a perfect prospect and isn’t a finished product by a long stretch but has elite physical tools and the ability to take over games, even as a teenager playing against grown men.
Scoot is a rock solid and explosive athlete with broad shoulders, a strong frame and good above the rim ability. He’s got all the size and quickness you look for in a high level NBA point guard, plus long arms and the ability to adsorb contact.
He’s a creative finisher, who is at his best when he’s driving hard to the rim and scoring in the paint or getting his own from mid range. It’s hard to overstate his explosive driving ability – he’s a freak athlete with an elite first step and crazy strength (imagine Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook)
Scoot’s opportunities over the next few years will be to refine his decision making and develop his ability to run the offense, while staying aggressive with his scoring instincts.
He’s also got work to do on his jumper, which would take his game to a whole new level. He shot just 17% from 3 in his first G League season.
- Derrick Rose mixed with
- prime Russell Westbrook
top 4 pick in the 2023 NBA Draft
2023 Point Guards
- Scoot Henderson – 6-3 – G League Ignite
- Amen Thompson – 6-6 – Overtime Elite
- Anthony Black – 6-7 – Arkansas
- Cason Wallace – 6-3 – Kentucky
- Jalen Hood-Schifino – 6-5 – Indiana
- Jazian Gortman – 6-2 – Overtime Elite
- Mike Miles – 6-1 – TCU
- Jalen Pickett – 6-4 – Penn State
- Nadir Hifi – 6-3 – France
- Marquis Nowell – 5-8 – Kansas State
- Tyger Campbell – 5-11 – UCLA
- Bryce Griggs – 6-2 – Overtime Elite