NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PG||FROM: Kentucky|
|HT: 6-3||WT: 175|
|BORN: NA||YEAR: Fr.||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Wallace is a 6-3 lead guard with big time ability who projects as a late lottery to mid first round pick.
He’s an elite level defender and might be the best perimeter defender in the draft. Wallace is a menace on the ball and racks up steals at an astounding rate.
He’s a productive scorer, can get his own shot from outside and can penetrate the lane when needed. He’s become a very capable and consistent 3pt threat, especially spacing the floor and shooting off the catch.
He’s a good ball handler but needs to work on his left hand dribble. Doesn’t have a great first step or blow-by speed and doesn’t get great separation.
While he might not be a star at the next level look for him to have a very long and successful NBA career, likely as a starter level pg.
- Jrue Holiday
8-16 pick in the 2023 NBA Draft
2023 PG Rankings
- Scoot Henderson – 6-3 – G League Ignite
- Amen Thompson – 6-6 – Overtime Elite
- Anthony Black – 6-7 – Arkansas
- Cason Wallace – 6-3 – Kentucky
- Jalen Hood-Schifino – 6-5 – Indiana
- Jazian Gortman – 6-2 – Overtime Elite
- Mike Miles – 6-1 – TCU
- Jalen Pickett – 6-4 – Penn State
- Nadir Hifi – 6-3 – France
- Marquis Nowell – 5-8 – Kansas State
- Tyger Campbell – 5-11 – UCLA
- Bryce Griggs – 6-2 – Overtime Elite