NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PG||FROM: Arkansas|
|HT: 6-7||WT: 185|
|BORN: NA||YEAR: Fr.||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Anthony Black is a long 6-7 point-forward with a very high skill level. He’s a solid athlete with a big frame who can play above the rim and has sneaky quickness.
Black is a great ball-handler and passer who knows how to run an offense. Whether he’s playing point or playing on the wing at the next level his passing is a major part of his game. He’s got great pass-ahead vision and is always looking to share the rock.
He’s also a solid shooter with a beautiful jumper, although not yet a volume 3pt shooter. Does a good job of getting his own offense when he needs to, although tends to be a pass first player.
Although Black isn’t an elite sky-walker he’s a very good athlete who glides around on the court and kind of makes it look effortless. He’s not the most twitchy player and has more of a skill-based game plus he uses his big frame well.
He’ll have to develop his muscle/strength over the coming years.
Might not ever be a high volume 3pt shooter but should get more consistent and comfortable from downtown.
- Josh Giddey
lottery pick in the 2023 NBA Draft
2023 PG Rankings
- Scoot Henderson – 6-3 – G League Ignite
- Amen Thompson – 6-6 – Overtime Elite
- Anthony Black – 6-7 – Arkansas
- Cason Wallace – 6-3 – Kentucky
- Jalen Hood-Schifino – 6-5 – Indiana
- Reece Beekman – 6-3 – Virginia
- Jalen Pickett – 6-4 – Penn State
- Mike Miles – 6-1 – TCU
- Eric Gaines – 6-2 – UAB
- Jeremy Roach – 6-2 – Duke
- Taran Armstrong – 6-5 – Cal Baptist (Tasmania)
- Tyger Campbell – 5-11 – UCLA
- Nolan Hickman – 6-2 – Gonzaga
- Boogie Ellis – 6-2 – USC
- Juan Nunez – 6-4 – Spain
- Jazian Gortman – 6-2 – Overtime Elite
- Bryce Griggs – 6-2 – Overtime Elite