NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
Chance Westry is a big combo guard with great ball handing, creativity, and a deep bag. He can play off the ball as needed and is a versatile player but is at his best breaking down the defense with the ball in his hands.
He’s great at penetrating the lane, collapsing the defense and dishing to teammates. He’s got special passing ability, quick, on point and perfectly timed.
Chance plays with a ton of confidence and seems to know he’s the man on the court. He’s a big shot maker and a leader in the clutch. His shooting form is solid and he’s got a soft touch. And he has all the makings of a future NBA range 3pt threat.
He has very quick hands on defense and is a pickpocket, getting a lot of on the ball steals. And he’s got the size to guard the 2 and some 3 as well.
He’s not the most explosive player and has more of a below the rim game (although he’s made big strides since his freshman season).
possible first round pick in the 2023 NBA Draft or 2024 NBA Draft
- Scoot Henderson – 6-3 – G League Ignite
- Amen Thompson – 6-6 – Overtime Elite
- Anthony Black – 6-7 – Arkansas
- Cason Wallace – 6-3 – Kentucky
- Jalen Hood-Schifino – 6-5 – Indiana
- Reece Beekman – 6-3 – Virginia
- Jalen Pickett – 6-4 – Penn State
- Mike Miles – 6-1 – TCU
- Eric Gaines – 6-2 – UAB
- Jeremy Roach – 6-2 – Duke
- Marquis Nowell – 5-8 – Kansas State
- Tyger Campbell – 5-11 – UCLA
- Boogie Ellis – 6-2 – USC
- Juan Nunez – 6-4 – Spain
- Jazian Gortman – 6-2 – Overtime Elite
- Bryce Griggs – 6-2 – Overtime Elite