NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
Vassell is a rangy wing player who plays hard on both ends of the floor. After a breakout sophomore season he projects as a likely lottery pick in the 2020 NBA Draft.
Devin can score from 3 levels and has a really nice mid range game. He gets the defender off balance with jab-steps and can rise up from awkward angles to get his shot. He’s got an over-head release that’s hard to block.
He’s not a volume shooter but he can get his own shot and is very efficient with his touches. He’s got deep range and great accuracy from outside, hitting over 41% both of his seasons at Florida State.
While not being the fastest player in the open court he runs the floor hard and does a lot of damage in transition.
Vassell is a standout defender who moves his feet well and has very quick hands. His plus wingspan and great anticipation make him disruptive in the passing lanes.
His overall athleticism is good but not great by NBA standards but his skill level, efficient play and all around game make him a likely starter in the league.
- Michael Redd
- Kerry Kittles
lottery to mid first round pick in the 2020 NBA Draft
2020 Shooting Guards
- Anthony Edwards – 6-5 – Georgia
- R.J. Hampton – 6-5 – NZ Breakers (NBL)
- Devin Vassell – 6-7- Florida State
- Josh Green – 6-6 – Arizona (Australia)
- Cassius Stanley – 6-6 – Duke
- Tyrese Maxey – 6-3 – Kentucky
- Jahmi’us Ramsey – 6-4 – Texas Tech
- Isaiah Joe – 6-5 – Arkansas
- Desmond Bane – 6-6 – TCU
- Elijah Hughes – 6-6 – Syracuse
- Jay Scrubb – 6-6 – JUCO (Louisville)
- Malcolm Cazalon – 6-6 – France
- Immanuel Quickley – 6-4 – Kentucky
- Myles Powell – 6-3 – Seton Hall
- John Petty – 6-6 – Alabama