NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: SG||FROM: TCU||HT: 6-6||WT: 215|
|BORN: 6/25/98||YEAR: Sr.||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Bane is an unheralded prospect but one of the most efficient shooters/scorers in the country. He’s got good size for the shooting guard position and elite shooting touch. He’s not a super high end athlete and could struggle some with NBA speed but with the pro game moving more and more to spacing and 3pt shooting there’s a spot for Bane in the League.
His outside shooting is his primary NBA skill. He’s got a quick release on his jumper, excels in catch and shoot situations and can also get his shot off the dribble. He hits a high percentage from 3, from the field and from the FT line.
He’s not great at getting above the rim and is more of a low center of gravity player. He’s got broad shoulders and natural strength. Doesn’t appear to have plus length.
He’s an older prospect, born in 1998.
- stronger Jodie Meeks
- Gary Trent Jr.
late first to mid second round pick in the 2020 NBA Draft
2020 Shooting Guards
- Anthony Edwards – 6-5 – Georgia
- R.J. Hampton – 6-5 – NZ Breakers (NBL)
- Devin Vassell – 6-7- Florida State
- Josh Green – 6-6 – Arizona (Australia)
- Cassius Stanley – 6-6 – Duke
- Tyrese Maxey – 6-3 – Kentucky
- Jahmi’us Ramsey – 6-4 – Texas Tech
- Isaiah Joe – 6-5 – Arkansas
- Desmond Bane – 6-6 – TCU
- Elijah Hughes – 6-6 – Syracuse
- Jay Scrubb – 6-6 – JUCO (Louisville)
- Malcolm Cazalon – 6-6 – France
- Immanuel Quickley – 6-4 – Kentucky
- Myles Powell – 6-3 – Seton Hall
- John Petty – 6-6 – Alabama