NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: C||FROM: Kentucky|
|HT: 7-0||WT: 230|
|BORN: NA||YEAR: Fr.||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Ugonna score against him, probably not (I’ll show myself out).
Kingsley Onyenso is a big time athlete at the center position – a bouncy and agile shot blocker and a rim-runner who changes ends as well as any center in his class. His ability to get out and run puts a ton of pressure on the defense and he’s a serious lop threat in the open court.
Defensively he reminds me a bit of Christian Koloko and he could take a similar development path as Koloko, taking a year or two in school before putting it all together and having a major impact.
Ugonna shows the makings of a nice offensive game. In time he’ll develop into much more than just a dunker. He can face up and it from mid range and occasionally flashes a 3pt shot.
- Christian Koloko
2024 Center Rankings
- Xavier Booker – 6-11 – Michigan State
- Aday Mara – 7-3 – Spain
- Baye Fall – 6-11 – Parker, CO (Senegal)
- Felix Okpara – 6-11 – Ohio State (Nigeria)
- Ugonna Kingsley Onyenso – 6-11 – Kentucky (Nigeria)
- Alexandre Sarr – 6-11 – Overtime Elite (France)
- Jalen Lewis – 6-8 – Overtime Elite pro league
- Joshua Ojianwuna – 6-10 – Baylor (Nigeria)
- Enoch Boakye – 6-10 – Arizona State (Canada)
- Adrame Diongue – 7-0 – AZ Compass Prep
- Ryan Mutombo – 7-0 – Georgetown
- Mady Sissoko – 6-10 – Michigan State (Mali)
- Jerrell Colbert – 6-10 – LSU
- Bretner Mutombo – 6-9 – Congo
- Bol Kuir – 7-3 – Belfry, KY (South Sudan)