NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PG||FROM: Vanderbilt||HT: 6-1||WT: 170|
|BORN: 11/10/00||YEAR: Jr.||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Scotty Pippen Jr. is a below the radar NBA draft prospect, despite having the famous name.
He’s a crafty little guard who plays under great control, similar to Fred VanVleet. He’s got a low center of gravity and a lot of strength.
Scotty orchestrates the offense well and is like a coach on the floor – it’s obvious that he’s been around the game for a long time. He gets his teammates involved and makes some really nice passes, while also putting a lot of pressure on the defense with his scoring ability.
If he was 2 inches taller we might be talking about him as a mid first round pick but as he stands now he’s likely a 3 or 4 year college player with a second round grade.
Becoming a knockdown 3pt shooter and elite on the ball defender will be his path to the NBA.
- Nigal Williams-Goss
- Fred VanVleet
- smaller Jalen Brunson
2022 Point Guards
- Dyson Daniels – 6-7 – G League Ignite (Australia)
- TyTy Washington – 6-3 – Kentucky
- Dalen Terry – 6-7 – Arizona
- Andrew Nembhard – 6-4 – Gonzaga
- Kennedy Chandler 6-1 – Tennessee
- Iverson Molinar – 6-3 – Miss. State (Panama)
- Hugo Besson – 6-3 – NZ Breakers (France)
- J.D. Davison – 6-2 – Alabama
- Jamaree Bouyea – 6-2 – San Francisco
- Jean Montero – 6-3 – Dominican Republic
- Scotty Pippen Jr. – 6-1 – Vanderbilt
- Carlos Alocen – 6-4 – Spain
Full 2022 Big Board (Patreon)