NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: C||FROM: Australia||HT: 7-1||WT: NA|
|BORN: 7/11/06||YEAR: Int.06||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Rocco is a massive center built in the Mark Eaton/Walker Kessler mold. He’s a dominant force in the paint, protecting the rim and rebounding the heck out of the ball.
He does a good job of body-ing up and holding his own in the paint and has good shot blocking instincts. He shows good recognition and can come off his man and block shots on the weak side. His immense height and long arms allow him to block and alter shots without needing to get off the ground.
On the offensive end he does almost all of his damage in the paint. He attacks the rim hard and can throw it down in traffic. He does a good job of making himself available for lobs and has a good feel for rolling to the basket.
Rocco can also face up and take his man off the dribble, usually using only 1 or 2 dribbles on his way to the rim. He likes to go left and finish with his left hand.
At this point he’s not much of a jump shooter but that could come in time. Has decent passing instincts, can operate in the high post and is pretty good with the ball in his hands.
His biggest challenge at the NBA level will be guarding in space and keeping up with the pace of play. He’s got decent mobility but isn’t exactly a nimble or quick athlete.
2025 Center Rankings
- Rocco Zikarsky – 7-1 – Australia
- Flory Bidunga – 6-10 – Kokomo, IN (Congo)
- Ulrich Chomche – 6-11 – Cameroon
- Ismaila Diagne – 6-11 – Real Madrid (Senegal)
- Somto Cyril – 6-10 – Kentucky
- Patrick Ngongba II – 6-10 – Duke
- Hansen Yang – 7-1 – China
- Ernest Udeh Jr. – 6-11 – TCU
- John Bol – 7-2 – Ole Miss
- Jalen Lewis – 6-8 – Overtime Elite pro league
- Dennis Evans – 7-1 – Louisville
- Joshua Ojianwuna – 6-10 – Baylor (Nigeria)
- Adrame Diongue – 7-0 – NA (Senegal)
- Enoch Boakye – 6-10 – Arizona State (Canada)
- Cyr Malonga – 6-11 – Louisville, KY (Congo)
- Christian Reeves – 7-0 – Duke
- Dilan Anderson – 7-0 – Arizona
- Bol Kuir – 7-3 – Belfry, KY (South Sudan)