NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: C||FROM: France||HT: 7-4||WT: 230|
|BORN: 1/5/04||YEAR: 04||WING: 8-0||REACH: NA|
Victor Wembanyama is one of the most intriguing prospects I’ve ever scouted thanks to his incredible size, length, mobility and awesome skill level.
At 7-4 with a ridiculous 8-0 wingspan he towers over everyone else on the court. He’s rail thin and very lanky but has really good coordination and is super talented with the ball in his hands.
Victor is multi-talented and stands out on both ends of the floor. On the defensive end he really changes the game with his length in the lane. He’s quick off his feet and covers ground well, making him a lethal weak side shot blocker and someone who alters a ton of shots. This is an area of his game where he clearly knows his role and does a good job of using his length, holding his ground, despite his skinny frame, staying tall and avoiding silly fouls. As he adds strength his interior defense will only improve. He’s also a capable perimeter defender who has unusually quick feet and good lateral agility for a player his size.
On offense Victor has the makings of a versatile package including a picture perfect jumper. He’s got a smooth release and the ability to stretch out to the 3pt line.
He’s actually a very good ball handler considering his size and age and he can create offense on the wing and get his own shot, showing flashes that remind of Kristaps Porzingis but with even more play-making ability.
Victor seems to lock in and take the game seriously and competes at a high level. This is great to see and gives a lot of hope for his future development as a player.
Victor is obviously very skinny and lacking strength. He’ll always have a skinny frame but will surely fill out as he grows up.
There’s not an area of his game that he’s really lacking skill or ability – he just needs to keep refining his skills, decision making and work on his strength/frame.
- Vic is unique. There’s really not a good comp.
- turbo-charged Ric Smits
- bigger Kristaps Porzingis
- Read: Victor Wembanyama’s Physical Profile and NBA Comparisons
top 2 pick in the 2023 NBA Draft
- Victor Wembanyama – 7-4 – France
- Kel’el Ware – 7-0 – Oregon
- Dereck Lively – 7-0 – Duke
- James Nnaji – 6-10 – Barcelona (Nigeria)
- Oscar Tshiebwe – 6-9 – Kentucky (Congo)
- Armando Bacot – 6-9 – UNC
- Vincent Iwuchukwu – 7-0 – USC
- Jamarion Sharp – 7-5 – W. Kentucky
- Yohan Traore – 6-10 – Auburn (France)
- Zach Edey – 7-4 – Purdue
- Hunter Dickenson – 7-1 – Michigan
- Clifford Omoruyi – 6-11 – Rutgers (Nigeria)
- Jonathan Tchamwa.T… – 6-8 – Baylor (Cameroon)
- Zvonimir Ivisic – 7-3 – Croatia
- Dilan Anderson – 7-0 – Arizona
- Nfaly Dante – 7-0 – Oregon (Mali)
- Oumar Ballo – 6-10 – Arizona (Mali)
- Ariel Hukporti – 6-11 – Germany
- Tristan Vukcevic – 6-10 – Serbia
- Franck Kepnang – 6-11- Oregon (Cameroon)
- Charles Bediako – 6-11 – Alabama (Canada)
- Moussa Cisse – 6-11 – NA (Guinea)
- Will Baker – 7-0 – Nevada