NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PF||FROM: Spain||HT: 6-8||WT: 230|
|BORN: 3/09/02||YEAR: 02||WING: 7-2||REACH: NA|
Usman is a powerful, mobile and graceful athlete who has awesome length with a +6 wingspan and a nice NBA frame.
He’s a high energy guy (think Kenneth Fareid) who runs the floor hard, sets good screens and brings a lot of energy on defense. He’s a smart defender who knows when to leave his feet and how to play with proper position. He plays with good awareness and is a good help defender and weak-side shot blocker.
His current offensive game is mostly dunks, layups and back to the basket moves but he shows promise of a mid range and outside shot.
He does a good job in the pick and roll and cuts hard to the basket, using his brute power, strength and agility to get to the basket. His length is a big factor in the lane, making him a dangerous offensive rebounder.
The rest of his offensive game is young but he shows flashes of ball handling, passing and perimeter shooting.
Garuba is a likely lottery pick in the 2021 NBA Draft and should be able to contribute early in his career.
- Al Horford
- a very wealthy man’s Kenneth Faried
lottery pick, possibly top 5 in the 2021 NBA Draft
2021 Power Forwards
- Usman Garuba – 6-9 – Madrid, Spain
- Amar Sylla – 6-10 – Senegal
- Greg Brown III – 6-9 – Texas
- Roko Prkacin – 6-8 – Croatia
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl – 6-9 – Villanova
- Isaiah Todd – 6-10 – G League
- Makur Maker – 7-0 – Howard (Australia)
- Dawson Garcia – 6-11 – Marquette
- Isaiah Jackson – 6-9 – Kentucky
- Matthew Hurt – 6-9 – Duke
- Jaemyn Brakefield – 6-8 – Duke
- Azuolas Tubelis – 6-9 – Arizona (Lithuania)
- Keion Brooks – 6-8 – Kentucky
- Trayce Jackson-Davis – 6-9 – Indiana
- Yves Pons – 6-6 – Tennessee (France)
- Isaiah Mobley – 6-10 – USC
- Anton Watson – 6-9 – Gonzaga