NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: SF||FROM: LSU||HT: 6-8||WT: 220|
|BORN: 11/19/00||YEAR: So.||WING: 7-1 1/2||REACH: NA|
Watford is a natural scorer from the wing position. He has a soft touch in the lane and knows how to find his shot, using his great length and creativity. He’s got a strong build, a good frame, solid athleticism and a nice feel for the game.
A scorer who excels at taking it to the rim and finishing in the lane, Watford plays a versatile game and impacts on both ends of the floor. His greatest strength is scoring off the dribble and working his way into the lane, where he can overpower defenders and use his soft touch to finish the play. He can score through contact and has enough bounce to play above the rim.
Plays an unselfish game and tends to make the right play. Can create for teammates and knows how to move the ball and find the open man. Can play some point forward, showing good awareness, ball-handling ability and decision making.
Gets to the rim with either hand and is really hard to stay in front of. Plays with change of pace and has a nice euro step, which he uses often.
Has a lot of natural strength and great length. Looks the part of an NBA forward.
Isn’t a great three point or mid range shooter at this stage of his career. He does a lot of his scoring in the lane, overpowering smaller players, which won’t work out as well at higher levels of play. Has a slight hitch in his shot but this is an area where he’ll likely make major improvements over the next few years.
- Ed O’Bannon
- Jeff Green
- Tobias Harris
possible second round pick in the 2021 NBA Draft
2021 Small Forwards
- Jonathan Kuminga -6-8 – G League (Congo)
- Jalen Johnson – 6-8 – Duke
- Ziaire Williams – 6-7 – Stanford
- Terrence Shannon Jr. – 6-7 – Texas Tech
- Wendall Moore – 6-6 – Duke
- Chris Smith – 6-9 – UCLA
- Landers Nolley II – 6-7 – Memphis
- Keyontae Johnson – 6-5 – Florida
- Trendon Watford – 6-8 – LSU
- Franz Wagner – 6-8 – Michigan (Germany)
- Derrick Alston Jr. – 6-9 – Boise State
- Corey Kispert – 6-7 – Gonzaga
- Samuell Williamson – 6-7 – Louisville
- Emmitt Mathews Jr. – 6-7 – West Virginia