NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: SF||FROM: Texas Tech||HT: 6-6||WT: 210|
|BORN: 7/30/00||YEAR: So.||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
A world class athlete with big upside who will likely declare for the 2021 NBA draft after his sophomore season.
Shannon is a high flying lefty who can bring down the house with his dunking ability. He’s not yet a great outside shooter but his shot isn’t broken and we can expect to see better numbers in year two. his 82% FT percentage is promising.
He’s a pure wing who can handle, pass, defend and change ends in a flash. He’s got the physical profile to be a great defender in the league and already shows some lock down ability.
Part of the story with Shannon is about projection. He’s got tools, talent, great coaching and he brings good effort. At this point it’s all about skill development and sharpening those tools. He needs to get better at finishing with his right hand and tightening up his handles. And his 3pt shooting could be the thing that makes or breaks his NBA career.
- Rodney Carney+
- Kelly Oubre Jr.
2021 Small Forwards
- Jonathan Kuminga – 6-8 – Congo
- Jalen Johnson – 6-8 – Duke
- Ziaire Williams – 6-7 – Stanford
- Scottie Barnes – 6-8 – Florida State
- Terrence Shannon Jr. – 6-6 – Texas Tech
- Wendall Moore Jr. 6-6 – Duke
- Keyontae Johnson – 6-5 – Florida
- Landers Nolley II – 6-7 – Memphis
- Marcus Bagley – 6-7 – Arizona State
- D.J. Jefferies – 6-7 – Memphis
- Franz Wagner – 6-8 – Michigan
- Samuell Williamson – 6-7 – Louisville
- Emmitt Mathews Jr. – 6-7 West Virginia
- Julian Strawther – 6-7 – Gonzaga