NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
Paul Reed is an intriguing power forward prospect who’s got a wiry frame, excellent length and a high skill level. He’s not a dominant physical force but he’s got an NBA frame along the lines of former lottery pick Earl Clark.
Reed gets off the floor well and is a very good shot blocker who shows quick instincts and good timing. He moves his feet well and can guard in space and has quick hands and a knack for knocking the ball away.
Reed shows a lot of promise with his outside shot, hitting over 40% from 3 his sophomore season. His FT shooting suggests that his shooting touch is for real, as he hits close to 80% from the line. He’s also comfortable pulling up from mid range or hitting the turn around jumper from the mid post.
He’s an efficient score who has good shot selection and doesn’t try to do too much. Does a good job of rolling to the rim and can finish with authority.
Reed projects as a first big off the bench with some starter potential down the road.
- Darrell Arthur
- Brice Johnson
- Earl Clark
late first to mid second round pick in the 2020 NBA Draft
2020 Power Forwards
- Obi Toppin – 6-9 – Dayton
- Aleksej Pokusevski – 7-0 – Serbia
- Precious Achiuwa – 6-9 – Memphis
- Paul Reed – 6-9 – DePaul
- Jalen Smith – 6-10 – Maryland
- Xavier Tillman – 6-8 – Michigan State
- Mamadi Diakite – 6-9 – Virginia
- Reggie Perry – 6-9 – Mississippi State
- Lamar Stevens – 6-8 – Penn State
- Killian Tillie – 6-10 – Gonzaga (France)
- Paul Eboua – 6-8 – Cameroon
- Emmitt Williams – 6-6 – LSU
- E.J. Montgomery – 6-10 – Kentucky