NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
Patrick Williams is one of the youngest players in the 2020 NBA draft but has as much upside as any forward in this class. He’s a big, strong combo forward with big time potential. His raw talent, versatile defense and powerful transition game are enough to get him a long look in the lottery.
Williams has an NBA frame and a next level combination of agility and power in a big, quick 6-8 225 body.
Williams is a standout defender who does all the dirty work but is also a more than capable iso-scorer and 3pt shooter. He doesn’t need the ball in his hands a lot but he’s got the ability to score when needed, showing an excellent mid-range game.
He’s built in the Kawhi Leonard mold (although that’s a lofty comparison to make) and he could be a guy who gets drafted a lot lower than he should and the payoff for whichever team drafts him could be big, a few years down the road.
- Dante Cunningham++
- Kawhi lite
- Paul Milsap
- rich man’s Al-Farouq Aminu
6-15 pick in the 2020 NBA Draft
2020 Small Forwards
- Deni Avdija – 6-8 – Israel
- Patrick Williams – 6-8 – Florida State
- Issac Okoro – 6-6 – Auburn
- Saddiq Bey – 6-8 – Villanova
- Aaron Nesmith – 6-6 – Vanderbilt
- Tyler Bey – 6-7 – Colorado
- Jaden McDaniels – 6-10 – Washington
- Leandro Bolmaro – 6-7 – Argentina
- Robert Woodard II – 6-7 – Miss. St.
- Jordan Nwora – 6-8 – Louisville
- Josh Hall – 6-9 – Moravian Prep
- Lamine Diane – 6-7 – Cal St. Northridge
- Kahlil Whitney – 6-7 – USA