NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: C||FROM: Kentucky||HT: 6-11||WT: 245|
|BORN: 11/29/97||YEAR: Jr.||WING: 7-3 3/4||REACH: 9-0 1/2|
Richards has been making consistent improvements in his game and now projects as a sure-fire draft pick, after a solid third season in Lexington.
Early in his Kentucky career he didn’t live up to the hype but he became a productive player for the Cats and really emerged during his junior season.
He’s a springy 6-11 player with good length and nice mobility. He knows his role as a shot blocker and rebounder and seems to take pride in being a big man and doesn’t try to do too much.
On the offensive side he’s not likely to be a go-to option in the league but he gets buckets in the paint, using a baby hook or fighting for offensive rebounds and getting put-backs.
- JaVale McGee
- Tony Battie.
late first to mid second round pick in the 2020 NBA Draft
- James Wiseman – 7-0 – Memphis
- Onyeka Okongwu – 6-9 – USC
- Isaiah Stewart – 6-9 – Washington
- Zeke Nnaji – 6-11 – Arizona
- Daniel Oturu – 6-10 – Minnesota
- Vernon Carey Jr. – 6-10 – Duke
- Steven Enoch – 6-10 – Louisville
- Nick Richards – 6-11 – Kentucky
- Udoka Azubuike – 7-0 -Kansas
- Omer Yurtseven – 7-0 – Georgetown