NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: C||FROM: Oregon|
|HT: 7-0||WT: 249|
|BORN: 10/19/01||YEAR: So.||WING: 7-5 1/2||REACH: 9-5|
An high level center prospect who projects as one of the best shot blockers in the 2021 draft. Raw but with big upside, especially on the defensive end.
Dante has truly elite physical tools at this stage in his development. Already pushing 7 feet tall, with a massive wingspan and good coordination and strength, he has a chance to become a special defensive talent. He goes after every shot around the rim and is an intimidating force who causes opponents to think twice before entering the lane.
Although Dante isn’t a polished offensive player he does have good hands and shows good timing on the offensive glass. He takes the ball hard to the rim and uses his impressive reach to get way above the rim with his dunks.
Has decent handles and can handle in the open court if he needs to. Shows some touch from mid range with a decent looking stroke, although he’s got a long ways to go on the offensive end.
His post game consists mostly of strong moves to the rim, including a power dribble and drop step move. He also has a nice right hand flip hook that he shoots with great height, making it nearly impossible to block.
Has good mobility and changes ends well. Can make plays in transition, showing off his coordination and great length.
Still learning the game, figuring out where to be on the court and which rotations to make on D.
Is very raw on the offensive end, lacking consistency with his outside shot and isn’t a good free throw shooter.
- Ekpe Udoh+
first round pick in the 2021 NBA Draft
- Evan Mobley – 7-0 – USC
- Ibou Dianko Badji – 7-1 – Senegal
- Sandro Mamukelashvili – 6-11 – Seton Hall (Georgia)
- Charles Bassey – 6-10 – Western Kentucky (Nigeria)
- Ariel Hukporti – 6-11 – Germany
- Luka Garza – 6-11 – Iowa
- Kofi Cockburn – 7-0 – Illinois
- Armando Bacot – 6-9 – UNC
- Kai Sotto – 7-2 – G League (Philippines)
- Conner Vanover – 7-3 – Arkansas
- Filip Petrusev – 6-11 – Gonzaga (Serbia)
- Alperen Sengün – 6-9 – Turkey
- Khalifa Diop – 6-11 – Senegal
- Nfaly Dante – 7-0 – Oregon (Mali)
- Neemias Queta – 6-11 – Utah St (Portugal)
- Ikey Obiagu – 7-1 – Seton Hall