NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: C||FROM: Oregon|
|HT: 7-0||WT: 249|
|BORN: 10/19/01||YEAR: Sr.||WING: 7-5 1/2||REACH: 9-5|
Dante has truly elite physical tools at this stage in his development. Already pushing 7 feet tall, with a massive wingspan and good coordination and strength, he has a chance to become a special defensive talent. He goes after every shot around the rim and is an intimidating force who causes opponents to think twice before entering the lane.
Although Dante isn’t a polished offensive player he does have good hands and shows good timing on the offensive glass. He takes the ball hard to the rim and uses his impressive reach to get way above the rim with his dunks.
Shows some touch from mid range with a decent looking stroke, although he’s got a long ways to go on the offensive end.
His post game consists mostly of strong moves to the rim, including a power dribble and drop step move. He also has a nice right hand flip hook that he shoots with great height, making it nearly impossible to block.
Has good mobility and changes ends well. Can make plays in transition, showing off his coordination and great length.
Still learning the game, figuring out where to be on the court and which rotations to make on D.
Is very raw on the offensive end, lacking consistency with his outside shot and isn’t a good free throw shooter.
- Ekpe Udoh+
possible second round pick in the 2003 NBA Draft
- Victor Wembanyama – 7-4 – France
- Kel’el Ware – 7-0 – Oregon
- Dereck Lively – 7-0 – Duke
- James Nnaji – 6-10 – Barcelona (Nigeria)
- Oscar Tshiebwe – 6-9 – Kentucky (Congo)
- Armando Bacot – 6-9 – UNC
- Vincent Iwuchukwu – 7-0 – USC
- Jamarion Sharp – 7-5 – W. Kentucky
- Yohan Traore – 6-10 – Auburn (France)
- Zach Edey – 7-4 – Purdue
- Hunter Dickenson – 7-1 – Michigan
- Clifford Omoruyi – 6-11 – Rutgers (Nigeria)
- Jonathan Tchamwa.T… – 6-8 – Baylor (Cameroon)
- Zvonimir Ivisic – 7-3 – Croatia
- Dilan Anderson – 7-0 – Arizona
- Nfaly Dante – 7-0 – Oregon (Mali)
- Oumar Ballo – 6-10 – Arizona (Mali)
- Ariel Hukporti – 6-11 – Germany
- Tristan Vukcevic – 6-10 – Serbia
- Franck Kepnang – 6-11- Oregon (Cameroon)
- Charles Bediako – 6-11 – Alabama (Canada)
- Moussa Cisse – 6-11 – NA (Guinea)
- Will Baker – 7-0 – Nevada