NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: SG||FROM: Michigan State|
(Rolling Meadows, IL)
|HT: 6-5||WT: 170|
|BORN: NA||YEAR: HSsr.||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Max Christie is a long and lanky talent with big time ability. He can score from anywhere on the floor and has the makings of a pro level jump shot.
He’s got a great ability to get his own shot and can hit the pull up 3 off the dribble or the quick step back jumper from mid range. Max has mid range game like C.J. McCollum, showing lots of shiftiness and the ability to score when given the slightest bit of space and he’s really crafty and has a knack for scoring.
Athletically he more than holds his own. He’s got size and quickness, gets above the rim with ease, and has some blow by speed. Although he’s not a power dunker or a guy who can finish through a lot of contract he’s got hops and plenty of burst.
He’s wired to score and just knows how to put the ball in the basket.
Christie has a lot of work to do to fill out his frame and add strength but he’s an intriguing prospect thanks to his super smooth offensive game and good length.
He’s got a lot of upside to grow into and looks the part of a future first round pick.
- Jeremy Lamb
- Rashad Vaughn+
first round pick in the 2022 NBA Draft
2022 Shooting Guards
- Jaden Hardy – 6-4 – Henderson, NV
- Max Christie – 6-5 – Michigan State
- Hunter Sallis – 6-4 – Omaha, NE
- Harrison Ingram – 6-6 – Dallas, TX
- Bryce Thompson – 6-5 – Kansas
- Cam Thomas – 6-3 – LSU
- Nimari Burnett – 6-3 – Texas Tech
- Aminu Mohammed – 6-4 – Springfield, MO (Nigeria)
- Johnny Juzang – 6-7 -UCLA
- Casey Morsell – 6-2 – Virginia
- Mac McClung – 6-2 – Texas Tech
- Rocket Watts – 6-2 Michigan State