NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
Keon Johnson is a next level athlete who’s stock is trending up and he’s looking like a potential one and done or two year player for Tennessee.
He needs some time to refine his ball-handling, shooting and play-making skills but his elite athleticism and rock solid frame give him a nice NBA ceiling. At this point he drives the ball mostly to the right but he does so effectively and with a lot of success.
In some ways he plays like a young Ron Artest, being physical in the paint, rebounding the heck out the ball and also initiating the offense as a point forward. Another player Johnson reminds me of is Jaylen Brown, with his physical driving style and high end athleticism. It’s too early to say if he’ll be as good as those two players but the tools are there.
- lighter Ron Artest
- smaller Jaylen Brown
2021 Small Forwards
- Jonathan Kuminga -6-8 – G League (Congo)
- Jalen Johnson – 6-8 – Duke
- Ziaire Williams – 6-7 – Stanford
- Terrence Shannon Jr. – 6-7 – Texas Tech
- Wendall Moore – 6-6 – Duke
- Chris Smith – 6-9 – UCLA
- Landers Nolley II – 6-7 – Memphis
- Keyontae Johnson – 6-5 – Florida
- Trendon Watford – 6-8 – LSU
- Franz Wagner – 6-8 – Michigan (Germany)
- Derrick Alston Jr. – 6-9 – Boise State
- Corey Kispert – 6-7 – Gonzaga
- Aaron Henry – 6-6 – Michigan State
- Samuell Williamson – 6-7 – Louisville
- Emmitt Mathews Jr. – 6-7 – West Virginia