NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: SF||FROM: Atlanta, GA||HT: 6-8||WT: 217|
|BORN: 10/6/02||YEAR: 02||WING: 6-11||REACH: NA|
Kuminga is an elite level athlete and emerging star. At this stage he projects as a lottery pick, but has a ways to go in terms of developing his skill level and feel for the game.
As his skill level develops and catches up to his athleticism, watch out! Kuminga could be a household name in a few years. He’s got the type of raw athleticism and strength that sets him apart from other prospects and is reminiscent of past high draft pick Antwan Jamison (although Kuminga is more of a combo forward).
Kuminga is at his best going to the basket and blowing by or overpowering defenders but he’s also a capable 3pt shooter and can hit the mid range jumper. He’s more of a straight-line driver at this point and isn’t the most creative ball-handler but considering his age he’s well on his way to developing his wing skills.
- Reminds of a young Antwan Jamison
- Shawn Marion
lottery pick in the 2021 NBA Draft
2021 Small Forwards
- Jonathan Kuminga – 6-8 – Congo
- Jalen Johnson – 6-8 – Duke
- Ziaire Williams – 6-7 – Stanford
- Scottie Barnes – 6-8 – Florida State
- Terrence Shannon Jr. – 6-6 – Texas Tech
- Wendall Moore Jr. 6-6 – Duke
- Keyontae Johnson – 6-5 – Florida
- Landers Nolley II – 6-7 – Memphis
- Marcus Bagley – 6-7 – Arizona State
- D.J. Jefferies – 6-7 – Memphis
- Franz Wagner – 6-8 – Michigan
- Samuell Williamson – 6-7 – Louisville
- Emmitt Mathews Jr. – 6-7 West Virginia
- Julian Strawther – 6-7 – Gonzaga