NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: SG||FROM: G League Ignite|
|HT: 6-6||WT: 175|
|BORN: 2/09/02||YEAR: 02||WING: 6-7 1/2||REACH: NA|
Jalen Green finished up a successful stint in the G League with averages of 17.9pts, 4.1rbs and 2.8asts on very good shooting efficiency of 46/37/83, firmly cementing his status as a top 5 pick with no.1 overall upside. He’s a truly elite scorer with blazing athleticism, bounce, instincts and competitive fire.
Shooting guard prospects with his combination of athleticism and shot making ability don’t come along often. He grades out a little better than past prospects Anthony Edwards, Andrew Wiggins and O.J. Mayo.
Green has ideal size for the position at a wiry 6-6 and he’ll continue to grow into his frame. He’s a quick-twitch athlete with elite burst, bounce and body control.
Green not only has a quick first step but he plays with good rhythm and change of speed, allowing him to blow by defenders and get to the cup. Driving the ball to the rim is a strength of his and really compliments his pull-up game.
He elevates well and can really punch the ball home. He already shows a good ability to finish through contact and will continue to improve in this regard has he adds weight and strength. He’s an aggressive slasher who can really explode to the rim off of backdoor cuts and also has a nice runner which he uses to score over length.
He sees the floor well and knows when to move the ball. Has some point guard skills and is much more than just a scorer.
Keeps the defense honest with his outside shooting and has a deadly step back J. Is becoming a knock down three point shooter. If he can develop into an elite shooter the skies the limit.
Green isn’t a huge standout on the defensive end but he’s a solid defender and rebounder who plays a complete game. And he’s got all the tools to develop into a big time defender as his game matures.
- built like Ray Allen
- game like Clyde Drexler
- fierce like Kobe.
top 3 pick in the 2021 NBA Draft
2021 Shooting Guards
- Jalen Green – 6-5 – G League Ingite
- Moses Moody – 6-6 – Arkansas
- James Bouknight – 6-5 – UConn
- Keon Johnson – 6-5 – Tennessee
- Jaden Springer – 6-4 – Tennessee
- Chris Duarte – 6-6 – Oregon
- Cam Thomas – 6-3 – LSU
- Tre Mann – 6-5 – Florida
- Josh Primo – 6-6 – Alabama
- Joe Wieskamp – 6-6 – Iowa
- Quentin Grimes – 6-5 – Houston
- Josh Christopher – 6-5 – Arizona State
- Brandon Boston Jr. – 6-7 – Kentucky
- D.J. Steward – 6-3 – Duke
- David Duke – 6-5 – Providence
- D.J. Steward Jr. 6-6 – Miss. State
- Paul Scruggs – 6-4 – Xavier
- Austin Reaves – 6-5 – Oklahoma
- Aaron Wiggins – 6-6 – Maryland
- RJ Nembhard – 6-5 – TCU
- A.J. Lawson – 6-6 – South Carolina
- Alan Griffin – 6-5 – Syracuse
- Juhann Begarin – 6-4 – France
- M.J. Walker – 6-5 – Florida State
- Malcolm Cazalon – 6-6 – France
- Scottie Lewis – 6-5 – Florida
- Marcus Zegarowski – 6-2 – Creighton
- John Petty – 6-6 – Alabama
- Nahziah Carter – 6-6 – NA
- Kyree Walker – 6-4 – Phoenix, AZ