NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: SF||FROM: Washington||HT: 6-10||WT: 200|
|BORN: 9/21/00||YEAR: Fr.||WING: 6-11||REACH: NA|
Jaden McDaniels is somewhat of an enigma as an NBA draft prospect: super talented, long and graceful in the open court but the production and consistency isn’t always there.
Jaden is a natural wing who can play some at the 4 position as well. At 6-10 and about 200 pounds he’s a skinny player who plays a finesse game. He’s got a sweet shooting stroke, can handle the ball in the open court and is a shot maker.
His shot is nearly impossible to block and he’s got a sweet release. His iso game can be lethal and he shows a lot of promise as a mid range and out jump shooter who can get his own shot. He can shoot over the top of most guards and wings and he can also take the defender to the rim, using his long strides to gain separation.
In his one season at Washington he shot only 40.5% from the field and 33.9% form downtown so he’s far from a finished product but he definitely passes the eye test with his offensive prowess. The team that drafts him will be swinging for the upside, knowing there’s a chance it doesn’t pan out, or that it takes a while to develop.
All the tools are there and he’s got rare athletic ability for 6-10 player but at this point it’s mostly about potential, since the production hasn’t been great.
Jaden is very thin, light and lacking strength. He needs to hit the weight room and the cafeteria hard to hold his own at the next level.
- DerMarr Johnson
late first to early second round pick in the 2020 NBA Draft
2020 Small Forwards
- Deni Avdija – 6-8 – Israel
- Patrick Williams – 6-8 – Florida State
- Issac Okoro – 6-6 – Auburn
- Saddiq Bey – 6-8 – Villanova
- Aaron Nesmith – 6-6 – Vanderbilt
- Tyler Bey – 6-7 – Colorado
- Jaden McDaniels – 6-10 – Washington
- Leandro Bolmaro – 6-7 – Argentina
- Robert Woodard II – 6-7 – Miss. St.
- Jordan Nwora – 6-8 – Louisville
- Josh Hall – 6-9 – Moravian Prep
- Lamine Diane – 6-7 – Cal St. Northridge
- Aaron Henry – 6-6 – Michigan State
- Kahlil Whitney – 6-7 – USA