NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: SF PF||FROM: Texas||HT: 6-8 1/2||WT: 206|
|BORN: 9/01/01||YEAR: Fr.||WING: 7-0 1/4||REACH: 8-11|
Greg Brown is an explosive leaper with great length, making him a sensational above the rim player. He can dunk the ball in traffic and has truly special bounce. He’s a quick and wiry athlete with great speed.
He needs to add strength and refine his outside shot but he’s a high upside prospect.
He’s not the most mature prospect and has shown some signs of not (yet) having the professionalism needed to be successful in the league. Look for him to get a lot of run in the G League before making his mark in the NBA.
- Has great hops, a ton of length and awesome dunking ability. Plays with his head at the rim.
- A quick-twitch athlete who has all the physical tools to be a high level NBA player
- He’ excellent in transition and changes ends in a flash
- Has a smooth release on his shot and shows a lot of promise as a shooter
- Has small forward/wing skills and projects as a versatile player who can play multiple positions.
- An improving ball handler with some dribble drive ability and will continue to develop SF skills as he matures
- A good shot blocker – a quick leaper who has good timing and defensive fundamentals. Plays with good energy and hustle.
- Needs to put on weight/strength – he’s not yet a guy who can hold his own in the post at the NBA level.
- Has an unrefined offensive game – needs to become a consistent shooter from 3 and from mid range and needs to develop his ball handling skills and let the game slow down for him.
- Marquise Chriss with some small forward skills
- Aaron Gordon lite
late first to mid second round pick in the 2021 NBA Draft