NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|Pos: PF||FROM: Kentucky||HT: 6-10||WT: 215|
|BORN: NA||YEAR: So.||WING: 7-1||REACH: NA|
Montgomery came in with a lot of hope and promise but had a disappointing college career, never really getting it going in his time at Kentucky.
He’s a big, fluid forward with the makings of an NBA frame but so far his skill level and on court production has yet to catch up.
He’s solid in a lot of areas but doesn’t really stand out in any one. He’s a good defender (most of the time) and runs the court well.
He’s not much of a one on one scorer and isn’t really a threat shooting from outside.
Despite the slow start he’s got a chance to develop and work his way back into the NBA draft picture. Or, more likely, he’ll go undrafted and spend a few more years trying to work his way into the league.
possible late second round pick in the 2020 NBA Draft
2020 Power Forwards
- Obi Toppin – 6-9 – Dayton
- Aleksej Pokusevski – 7-0 – Serbia
- Paul Reed – 6-9 – DePaul
- Mamadi Diakite – 6-9 – Virginia
- Jalen Smith – 6-10 – Maryland
- Xavier Tillman – 6-8 – Michigan State
- Reggie Perry – 6-9 – Mississippi State
- Lamar Stevens – 6-8 – Penn State
- Killian Tillie – 6-10 – Gonzaga
- Paul Eboua – 6-8 – Cameroon
- Emmitt Williams – 6-6 – LSU
- E.J. Montgomery – 6-10 – Kentucky