NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
Oturu has made a big jump in his second season at Minnesota and has been dominating in the paint, especially on the defensive end. His ability to alter shots and control the boards give him instant value at the NBA level and he’s looking more and more like a first round pick.
Although he’s not a polished offensive player he shows some ability to score with his back to the basket or by facing up and taking his man off the dribble. He’s got a strong frame and a quick first step and shows a lot of promise that he’ll continue to develop on the offensive end.
Oturu sets good screens and makes himself available diving to the rim. He’s a good finisher in the paint, although he doesn’t have much of a left hand at this point. He can also pick and pop to mid range and looks to have the makings of an outside shot.
- Jamall Maglore+
mid first to early second round pick in the 2020 NBA Draft
- James Wiseman – 7-0 – Memphis
- Onyeka Okongwu – 6-9 – USC
- Isaiah Stewart – 6-9 – Washington
- Zeke Nnaji – 6-11 – Arizona
- Daniel Oturu – 6-10 – Minnesota
- Vernon Carey Jr. – 6-10 – Duke
- Omer Yurtseven – 7-0 – Georgetown
- Steven Enoch – 6-10 – Louisville
- Nick Richards – 6-11 – Kentucky
- Udoka Azubuike – 7-0 -Kansas