NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
Oturu has made a big jump in his second season at Minnesota and has been dominating in the paint, especially on the defensive end. His ability to alter shots and control the boards give him instant value at the NBA level and he’s looking more and more like a first round pick.
Although he’s not the most polished offensive player he shows some good ability to score with his back to the basket or by facing up and taking his man off the dribble. He’s also becoming a dangerous 3pt shooter and projects as a big who can space the floor at the next level.
He’s got a strong frame and a quick first step and shows a lot of promise that he’ll continue to develop on the offensive end.
Oturu sets good screens and makes himself available diving to the rim. He’s a good finisher in the paint, although he doesn’t have much of a left hand at this point. He can also pick and pop out to 3pt land.
- Mo Speights
- Serge Ibaka
mid first to early second round pick in the 2020 NBA Draft
- James Wiseman – 7-0 – Memphis
- Onyeka Okongwu – 6-9 – USC
- Isaiah Stewart – 6-9 – Washington
- Zeke Nnaji – 6-11 – Arizona
- Daniel Oturu – 6-10 – Minnesota
- Vernon Carey Jr. – 6-10 – Duke
- Steven Enoch – 6-10 – Louisville
- Nick Richards – 6-11 – Kentucky
- Udoka Azubuike – 7-0 -Kansas
- Omer Yurtseven – 7-0 – Georgetown