NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: SF||FROM: Kentucky|
(St. Louis, Mo)
|HT: 6-7||WT: 195|
|BORN: 7/10/01||YEAR: Fr.||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Cam’Ron is one of the most dynamic athletes in his class, able to soar above the rim with ease and out-run and out-jump almost any opponent. He’s got ideal size on the wing with broad shoulders, good length, a quick first step and rare leaping ability. He’s at his best taking the ball to the basket and crashing the boards, where he uses his superior athleticism to elevate for rebounds and put-backs.
Shows great patience on his drives to the basket, using change of speed, euro-steps and good creativity in the lane. He can dunk the ball with ease, even from a standstill position.
He’s got a smooth jumper with really good form and elevation. He’s not yet a polished perimeter player or consistent jump shooter but has a lot of promise in these areas.
As his skill level catches up to his athleticism he’ll make moves up draft boards.
- A better Ben McLemore
- Adrian Griffin Jr. – 6-6 – Duke
- Patrick Baldwin Jr. – 6-10 – Sussex, WI
- Ousmane Dieng – 6-7 – France
- Caleb Houstan – 6-8 – Michigan (Canada)
- Kendall Brown – 6-6 – Baylor
- Payton Watson – 6-9 – UCLA
- Trey Murphy III – 6-9 – Virginia
- J.T. Thor – 6-9 – Auburn
- Abramo Canka – 6-7 – Italy
- Yannick Kraag – 6-8 – Netherlands
- Franz Wagner – 6-8 – Michigan (Germany)
- Andre Jackson – 6-6 – UConn
- Micah Peavy – 6-7 – Texas Tech
- Matthew-Alexander Moncrieffe – 6-7 – OK State (Canada)
- William Jeffress – 6-7 – Pittsburgh
- Jabri Abdur-Rahim – 6-7 Virginia
- Alex Antetokounmpo – 6-7 – USA
- Addison Patterson – 6-7 – Nevada