NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PG||FROM: UNC||HT: 6-3||WT: 185|
|BORN: 9/27/01||YEAR: So.||WING: 6-9||REACH: NA|
Love is an aggressive lead guard with a downhill style of play. He attacks the defense and has both power and quickness on his drives to the hoop. He doesn’t shy away from contact and he’s a guy who can finish above the rim.
Is a fierce competitor who’s energy and hustle rubs off on his teammates.
With an impressive 6-9 wingspan (measured at Nike Skills Academy) and broad shoulders he’s clearly got the size and frame for the NBA level. He’s somewhat of a power point guard who seeks out contact.
Love can break down the defense with either hand and can finish in a variety of ways including floaters and tear-drops. He can keep the defense honest with his outside shot, although at this point three point shooting isn’t a strength.
He’s not necessarily a pass-first player but he does a great job of pressuring and collapsing the defense to get open shots for teammates. He can get a bit careless with the ball and over dribble at times but that’s what happens when you’re the best player on the court (and his decision making will improve with age).
- Monta Ellis
late first to mid second round pick in the 2022 NBA Draft
2022 Point Guards
- Kennedy Chandler 6-1 – Tennessee
- TyTy Washington – 6-3 – Kentucky
- J.D. Davison – 6-2 – Alabama
- Iverson Molinar – 6-3 – Miss. State (Panama)
- Nolan Hickman – 6-2 – Gonzaga
- Caleb Love 6-3 – UNC
- Scottie Pippen Jr. – 6-1 – Vanderbilt
- Jean Montero – 6-3 – Dominican Republic
- Carlos Alocen – 6-4 – Spain
- Max Abmas – 6-1 – Oral Roberts
- Khristian Lander – 6-2 – NA
- Jeremy Roach – 6-2 – Duke
- Boogie Ellis – 6-2 – Memphis
- Andrew Nembhard – 6-4 – Gonzaga
- Casey Morsell – 6-2 – NA