NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PG||FROM: UNC||HT: 6-3||WT: 185|
|BORN: 9/27/01||YEAR: Fr.||WING: 6-9||REACH: NA|
Love is an aggressive lead guard with a downhill style of play. He attacks the defense and has both power and quickness on his drives to the hoop. He doesn’t shy away from contact and he’s a guy who can finish above the rim.
Is a fierce competitor who’s energy and hustle rubs off on his teammates.
With an impressive 6-9 wingspan (measured at Nike Skills Academy) and broad shoulders he’s clearly got the size and frame for the NBA level. He’s somewhat of a power point guard who seeks out contact.
Love can break down the defense with either hand and can finish in a variety of ways including floaters and tear-drops. He can keep the defense honest with his outside shot, although at this point three point shooting isn’t a strength.
He’s not necessarily a pass-first player but he does a great job of pressuring and collapsing the defense to get open shots for teammates. He can get a bit careless with the ball and over dribble at times but that’s what happens when you’re the best player on the court (and his decision making will improve with age).
- Monta Ellis
2021 Point Guards
- Cade Cunningham – 6-7 – Oklahoma State
- Jalen Suggs – 6-4 – Gonzaga
- Devin Askew – 6-3 – Kentucky
- Caleb Love – 6-3 – UNC
- Jared Butler – 6-3 – Baylor
- Daishon Nix – 6-4 – G League
- Adam Miller – 6-4 – Illinois
- Ayo Dosunmu – 6-5 – Illinois
- David Johnson – 6-5 – Louisville
- Jeremy Roach – 6-2 – Duke
- Tre Mann – 6-4 – Florida
- Joel Ayayi – 6-5 – Gonzaga
- Josiah James – 6-6 – Tennessee
- Javonte Smart – 6-4 – LSU
- Quade Green – 6-1 – Washington
- Boogie Ellis – 6-2 – Memphis