NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
Mark Mitchell is a future pro and looks the part of a future first round NBA draft pick.
He’s a big combo forward with a great frame and a ton of natural talent. He’s got broad shoulders, good strength, a quick first step and solid feel for the game. He can operate on the perimeter and make plays off the dribble and he’s a strong finisher, mostly with his left hand.
At this point his outside shooting isn’t a strength but he does show plenty of promise and isn’t afraid to step out to 3pt land.
Mitchell fits the mold of modern day power forward with his ability to defend multiple positions on defense and make plays with the ball in his hands on offense. This kid is going to be good!
2023 Power Forward Rankings
- Brandon Huntley-Hatfield – 6-9 – Clarksville, TN
- Mark Mitchell – 6-8 – Shawnee Mission, KS
- Adem Bona – 6-9 – Prolific Prep (Turkey)
- Sadraque Nganga – 6-10 – Phoenix, AZ
- Mouhamed Gueye – 6-10 – Prolific Prep
- A.J. Casey – 6-8 – Chicago, IL
- Kijani Wright – 6-8 – Los Angeles, CA
- Mady Traoré – 6-11 – Cumberland, MD (France)
- Henry Coleman – 6-7 – Duke