NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: PF||FROM: Montverde, FL||HT: 6-8||WT: 215|
|BORN: NA||YEAR: HSsr.||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Malik Reneau isn’t the biggest name or flashest player on Montverde but he’s a big time talent and future high NBA draft pick.
Malik has a clear role as an energy big who uses his strong frame to impact plays in the lane. He’s a great rebounder on both ends and really holds his own inside and has a nose for the ball. He’s very quick in the open court and has all the tools and traits you look for in a NBA forward.
He’s got a great touch around the rim but is very left hand dominant and doesn’t have much ability to go right.
His offensive game shows a lot of promise, despite being under developed. He seems to have a great feel for cutting and making himself available inside and he scores quickly with little wasted motion.
Expect his offensive game to expand to the perimeter over the next few years.
2024 PF Rankings
- Gregory Jackson – 6-9 – Columbia, SC
- Omaha Biliew – 6-7 – Montverde
- Matt Bewley – 6-9 – Overtime Elite
- Ousmane N’Diaye – 6-11 – Senegal
- Tyler Smith – 6-9 – Houston, TX
- Ryan Bewley – 6-9 – Overtime Elite
- Malik Reneau – 6-7 – Florida
- Kaden Perry – 6-9 – Gonzaga
- Jalen Washington – 6-9 – North Carolina
- Bryce Hopkins – 6-6 – Kentucky
- Mady Traoré – 6-11 – Cumberland, MD