NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
Another young Croatian big man with a first round grade, Samanic has all the tools to be successful in the modern NBA game thanks to his sweet shooting stroke, play-making ability and defensive versatility. He’ll have to get stronger and learn to guard in the post but he’s got all the tools to be successful at the highest level of basketball.
- Highly skilled with the ball. Has good handles and nice court vision.
- A deft shooter with excellent form and range out to three.
- Can handle the ball and create his own shot with the dribble.
- Hits a high percentage from the line (over 80%).
- Has good length, nice size and broad shoulders.
- Can score in the lane with a running hook shot and good up-and-under move.
- A very fluid athlete with quick feet and good agility.
- Has good bounce and can finish above the rim.
- Changes ends well and is a threat in transition.
- Can defend multiple positions. Can protect the rim and step out and guard on the perimeter.
- A good fit in today’s NBA.
- Doesn’t have great strength and will struggle to guard NBA bigs in the paint.
- Isn’t a bruiser and can fall in love with the outside shot. Needs to gain toughness and physicality.
- Is not yet a consistent enough three point shooter and hasn’t been hitting at a high percentage.
- David Lee with a three point shot.
- A more bouncy and athletic version of Dario Saric (although he doesn’t have the uncanny court vision and point forward skills that Dario has).
mid first to early second round pick