NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
|POSITION: SF||FROM: Cal Northridge|
|HT: 6-7||WT: 205|
|BORN: 11/7/97||YEAR: So.||WING: NA||REACH: NA|
Diane is a big wing/combo forward who dominated the past two seasons at Cal State Northridge. He’s an NBA level athlete who has all the tools to develop into a rotation piece at the next level.
He’s got a long, strong frame and good bounce, allowing him to play above the rim and finish through contact. His ball handling is still a bit undeveloped but he shows promise with his dribble drive game, where he uses his big frame and good burst to explode into the lane.
Diane is old for a sophomore and his age, along with playing in a small conference, really helped him dominate and put up big numbers. Looking closer you see that he’s not a great outside shooter, hitting roughly 30% from downtown and his FT shooting (mid 60’s) doesn’t suggest that he’ll be a great shooter at the next level, at least not early in his career.
mid to late second round pick in the 2020 NBA Draft
2020 Small Forwards
- Deni Avdija – 6-8 – Israel
- Patrick Williams – 6-8 – Florida State
- Issac Okoro – 6-6 – Auburn
- Saddiq Bey – 6-8 – Villanova
- Aaron Nesmith – 6-6 – Vanderbilt
- Tyler Bey – 6-7 – Colorado
- Jaden McDaniels – 6-10 – Washington
- Leandro Bolmaro – 6-7 – Argentina
- Robert Woodard II – 6-7 – Miss. St.
- Jordan Nwora – 6-8 – Louisville
- Lamine Diane – 6-7 – Cal St. Northridge
- Aaron Henry – 6-6 – Michigan State
- Kahlil Whitney – 6-7 – USA