NBA DRAFT SCOUTING REPORT
After moving up draft boards during the season and post season Huerter appears to be a near lock for the first round, despite suffering a hand injury that will keep him out until sometime this summer. He’s one of the better three point shooters in the draft and appears to have all the tools to hold his own on the defensive end as well.
- Three point shooting – quick stroke, picture-perfect form
- Knows how to find his shot and move without the basketball – has a great sense for spacing and finding holes in the defense
- Can put the ball on the floor and drive to the basket, and has solid touch on his runner and around the rim
- Size for position at 6-7 (although he’s got average length)
- Solid athleticism
- Not the most creative ball-handler or play-maker
- Lacks strength and is more of a finesse player
- His game is similar to Klay Thompson but it’s unlikely he’ll end up being as good as Klay.
late first round pick